Thai Police offer 100,000 Baht reward for clues to Siam Paragon bombers

webfact

Police Offer 100,000 Baht Reward For Clues to BKK Bombers
By Khaosod English

14233877001423387765l.jpg
Police officers patrol the skywalk near Siam Paragon shopping mall on 5 February 2015, following the double bombings in the area last week.

BANGKOK — The Bangkok Metropolitan Police force is a offering a 100,000 baht reward to anyone who can provide information that leads to an arrest of suspects behind the twin bombings in central Bangkok last Sunday.

The homemade pipe bombs went off at around 8.10 pm of 1 February on the walkway that connects Siam Paragon, one of the largest shopping malls in Thailand, and Siam skytrain station, the largest and busiest BTS station in the city. One person was reported injured by the blast.

Police say CCTV footage shows two suspects planting the bombs and leaving the scene prior to the blast, but their faces are concealed by baseball caps. The arrest warrants, issued by the court on 4 February, describe them simply as "unidentified Thai men."

"If police can use [the information] as clues for their arrests, we will give the reward right away," Pol.Maj.Gen. Chitti said yesterday, adding that citizens can report tips to the police by dialing 08-1817-1617.

Pol.Gen. Somyot Pumpanmuang, chief of the Royal Thai Police, also denied media reports that suspects had already been arrested.

According to Pol.Gen. Somyot, police merely summoned individuals "whom the police believed to have information or evidence that would benefit our investigation to give their testimony as information givers."

"Six to seven" people have been summoned for their testimony so far, a police officer told Khaosod.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1423387700&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-09

Bomb investigators urged to gather more evidence
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Criminal Court has told police to get more evidence before again seeking an arrest warrant for another suspect believed to be involved in the Siam Paragon bombing on February 1, a source said yesterday.

Police had sought the court's approval to issue the arrest warrant for the suspect, whom they refer to as "Dragon", but the court said additional evidence must be provided before it would do so.

Police had earlier obtained arrest warrants for two men seen in security footage just before the two bomb blasts on a walkway connecting Siam Paragon and the BTS Siam station.

The names of the men were not given. They were said to have arrived by taxi at Siam Paragon.

Bangkok police chief Lt-General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said the suspects were facing a criminal investigation and an investigation held under martial law.

He said police believed there were more than two people involved and the investigation to track them all down was 70 per cent completed.

He said he hoped the arrests would be made soon because he feared for the safety of the public.

In relation to prosecuting the suspects, Srivara said police had to work with other state agencies, including in the gathering of evidence, before seeking arrest warrants.

Investigators believe the two explosions are linked to a deadly blast, which killed two men in Min Buri during the Bangkok Shutdown protests almost a year ago.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bomb-investigators-urged-to-gather-more-evidence-30253668.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-09

"The Bangkok Metropolitan Police force is a offering a 100,000 baht reward to anyone who can provide information that leads to an arrest of suspects behind the twin bombings in central Bangkok last Sunday."

From what I've seen on the forum here over the past few days, there should be a lot Sherlocks on Thaivisa eligible for this reward...

"The Bangkok Metropolitan Police force is a offering a 100,000 baht reward to anyone who can provide information that leads to an arrest of suspects behind the twin bombings in central Bangkok last Sunday."

From what I've seen on the forum here over the past few days, there should be a lot Sherlocks on Thaivisa eligible for this reward...

" In the criminal justice system crimes in Thailand are considered the most henious. The men of theTVF investigation services are dedicated to solving these crimes, No matter how many Changs they've consumed their laser sharp summation of the crime in a matter of seconds and no matter how little evidence is available doesn't stop them from coming up with the most implausible answers outside a mental ward at the local loony bin. These are there stories. DAAANG DAANG!"

(With apologies to Law and Order SVU)

Edited by mca

Looking at the photo and caption, is it normal for the police to take a large contingent of reporters and cameramen with them on a patrol?

Where's the hand wash, this farang touched me.

I'd say the 'farang' has a bigger need for handwash, if I'm honest.

642x426x14233877001423387765l.jpg.pagesp

" Good afternoon. Would you mind awfully if my subordinates search you for offensive weapons such as bags of crisps, toilet rolls, Mars Bars, navel fluff, that sort of thing? I mean since we got sussed out on the pissing in a cup and carrying your passport at all times racket things are a bit tight and my Mia Noi is bending my ear about buying her an iPhone 6 and one of those new Mazda 3s. Christ she can moan. Pi Kaaaaa all the bloody time"

No, no, no. "hey you hansum maaaan. We are looking for a suspect wearing a baseball cap!"

Yim kaap!

Where are my cuffs, we have got him now.

• Like 1