Extension of stay for being the father of a Thai citizen or 60 day extension to visit my child

I am the father of a Thai citizen born middle of October last year, still married, but not with the mother of my child. With my soon to be ex-wife I am in the process of divorcing her. Next court date is in March 2015.

On the 14th November 2014 I obtained a Non Immigrant O, single entry in Savannakhet and can stay till the 11th of February 2015.

After returning to CM I hired a lawyer to be legally recognized as the father and to gain parental rights. The mother of my child supported this. End of January there was a court session here in CM and the judge decided in my favor. I am only waiting for the verdict of him in writing.

So there are only 2 days left. We pressured the lawyer to go to the court and obtain the ruling, but so far no success. So my permit to stay is running out in 2 days. I think I should be prepared for the worst, that means I can't get the ruling in time.

I have the necessary money in the bank, but I think I have to apply for a 60 day extension to visit my child. I tried that already in November and was sent away by the guy who is organizing the people who are waiting in the morning in front of CM Immigration ( second time I got a wrong info from him). So what kind of papers I need and what is the right Police Order to tell him, in case he wants to send me away again?

If I get the ruling today or tomorrow, can I get a one year-extension based on the ruling or not because I am still married to another Thai woman? If yes, what papers I need for this apart from the following?

T.M.7 asking for a 365 day extension

Book banks updated

Letter from Bank

My passport with copies of main page,plus entry stamp with non-O visa

Copy of TM6 departure card with entry stamp

2 Passport photos

proof of residence

Thx in advance

hanuman2543

For the 60 day extension see clause 2.24 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay. You will need your child with you when you apply.

After getting the court order you need to go to the Amphoe to complete the legitimization documentation. Immigration will want to see those documents for the one year extension.

Each immigration office has different requirements to get the extension based upon being the parent of a Thai. It would be best to ask what they require at CM immigration.

Besides the birth certificate, house book and legitimization they will probably want photos of you and your child together at your home. A map your house.

If I get the 60 days first will I be able after the 60 days to apply for a one year extension without getting a new Non O or not (I will be going to the Amphoe as soon as I have the court papers to finish the process)? For the 60 days does the mother have to come too?

Edited by hanuman2543