Yellow Shirt

pipchatel

it would seem that way.

it is good to see people showing respect and acknowledgement for the king and his good deeds , but respect surely comes from within , a criminal or corrupt person could wear a yellow shirt , but a criminal or a corrupt person would , by definition have no respect for his king or his country , the shirt would be a lie.

its all a bit superficial i think.

do the vendors of the yellow shirts need any kind of licence so that some of the profits from the shirts get donated to the royal charities ?

on mondays , just about everybody seems to be either selling them or wearing them....or both.

maos china was similar. everyone wearing the same clothing.

because i am a respectful fella, hold the king with proper respect, i my self don the yellow shirt on a monday.

im only a farang but the thais respect my top self for showing respect and being in tune with the thai culture.

especially were the king and monarchy are concerned. :D

i wear it with respect and it comes back a 1000 fold with the the principal of making karma applying. :D

give it a crack people as it feels good if you love los like my good self. :D

cheers friends :o

As a portion of the money is meant to be going to the King's projects I see no harm. In fact I think it's a great idea. I can't understand why some folks here are now trying to criticize and poking fun. The King has been a force for good in this country.

Edited by lamphun

do the vendors of the yellow shirts need any kind of licence so that some of the profits from the shirts get donated to the royal charities ?

on mondays , just about everybody seems to be either selling them or wearing them....or both.

Monday is the traditional day to wear Yellow for luck

....I seem to be the only person in my company who does not wear yellow on Monday's, however, I'm the only farang working here, so.... nuff said I guess.

hello harry fella,

why dont you wear a yellow shirt next monday ? :D

its showing respect for the king and your thai friends will love it. :D

but you must wear the shirt with respect and know the meaning why one wears it. :D

cheers mate :o

....I seem to be the only person in my company who does not wear yellow on Monday's, however, I'm the only farang working here, so.... nuff said I guess.

hello harry fella,

why dont you wear a yellow shirt next monday ? :D

its showing respect for the king and your thai friends will love it. :D

but you must wear the shirt with respect and know the meaning why one wears it. :D

I fully respect the King but don't feel I need to wear a yellow shirt to prove it.

and maybe you should buy it from one of the official "yellow goods" outlets , rather than from one of the many street market stalls that seem to be selling yellow shirts

that way you know that you are supporting the charities , rather than a market trader just cashing in.

sorry fella,

dont think we can compare the wearing of coloured cloths in thailand to the wearing of coloured cloths in mao's china. :D

its not to frigging hard to work out that in china the commo's would kill you if you did not want to wear that said colour and style of shirt. :D

cricky's mate, they only wear it here to show bleeding respect. :D

its not like the bully boys going to top your good self if you dont wear a frigging yellow shirt on monday. :D

any way thanks for your imput . :D

I wear my yellow shirt every Monday. If we wear the yellow shirt, we don't have to wear a dress shirt and tie, and it is certainly more comfortable than a tie. Of course, I also respect the King.

sorry fella,

dont think we can compare the wearing of coloured cloths in thailand to the wearing of coloured cloths in mao's china. :D

its not to frigging hard to work out that in china the commo's would kill you if you did not want to wear that said colour and style of shirt. :D

its not like the bully boys going to top your good self if you dont wear a frigging yellow shirt on monday. :D

lol ... come here sometime ...

no it is NOT the same as a Gov't reg ... there is a color associated with every day of the week in Thailand ...

The King's color is Yellow ... BECAUSE he was born on a Monday. But hey ... stick with your dreams ... maybe we can hear from the other one now ....

Funny cartoon in Manager Online last week. Police were at the home of one of the EC commissioners, ready to haul him off to jail. The caption(paraphrased) was "just give me a minute to put my yellow shirt on".

If wearing the yellow shirts is a means to draw attention to and initiate conversations about, the Kings many initiatives, and perhaps positive action, well then I'm all for it. If it's done so that people don't feel the need to show more tangible respect for the King, then it strikes me as only tokenism.

sorry fella,

lol ... come here sometime ...

no it is NOT the same as a Gov't reg ... there is a color associated with every day of the week in Thailand ...

The King's color is Yellow ... BECAUSE he was born on a Monday. But hey ... stick with your dreams ... maybe we can hear from the other one now ....

lol come to where some time ? lost me there for starters.

i was in china 10 weeks ago, thailand 1 week ago and now im in freo ?

yes you are correct with your interpretation of thai customs . :D

yellow is for king because he was born on a monday and it shows respect. :D

so what are you jawing on about ?

cheers mate :D

I started a similar thread to this 2 weeks ago and it just dissappeared and I have no idea why? :o

It was certainly not offensive and did not seem to deteriorate in any way except that it went in a direction that critised the British Royal Family as it was felt that they are not as revered by their subjects as HRH His Majesty The King of Thailand is by his.

Can anyone enlighten me, Mods, Admin?

Or did it get moved, or did I just miss it?

Thank You

TP

We feel it is inappropriate to discuss the Royal Family on a forum like this. It could easily digress into something illegal. Its not that the majority of posters aren't mature enough to discuss these things in the light that they should be discussed but that some posters prefer to make trouble and this is a topic that could easily be turned in such a direction.

So, in that spirit, topic closed.