Swedes in Jail in Thailand

webfact

You mean MOST expats not being able to speak a word of Thai. That is why MOST expats have girlfriends and a wife they grabbed as bar girls. Later we already know the ending of that marriage or relationship .

The last 'Swede' I talked to in Bangkok was a dodgy Iranian with a Swedish passport. Been there over 20 years and spoke zero Swedish.

Well being in Thailand he will be right at home with some expats being unable to speak a word of Thai.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe that 200 swede are locked up all over the world ? UK have over 100,000 locked up all over the world .

Wow. That figure of 100k for UK seems really high.

Does that include the 85k in UK prisons? Even that figure will include non-UK nationals.

Have only seen articles indicating about a couple of thousand Brits in jails overseas. Would be interested in how you arrived at your 100k figure.

It was- guesswork on my part .. I checked on google search , I found that I had exaggerate over the number , the real number of UK prisoners outside UK is over 1500 ... Apology for exaggeration ..

He had a Swedish passport,citizenship, and introduced himself in English as being from Sweden. He was not a tourist in Sweden but a parasite who had taken all the benefits of Swedish and European citizenship and new nothing of Swedish culture. This is the case with many Muslims in Europe. Oh but he had learnt to drink alcohol. The comparison between such a wretch and foreigners who retire in Thailand is just delusional.

He had a Swedish passport,citizenship, and introduced himself in English as being from Sweden. He was not a tourist in Sweden but a parasite who had taken all the benefits of Swedish and European citizenship and new nothing of Swedish culture. This is the case with many Muslims in Europe. Oh but he had learnt to drink alcohol. The comparison between such a wretch and foreigners who retire in Thailand is just delusional.

By percentage of its own ethnicity, swedish iranians are the group that has the highest amount of people with a higher education in Sweden.

There are less ethnic swedes with a higher education among ethnic swedes compared to the iranians with swedish citizenship

The long-term tourists/expats that are ethnic swedes i come across in Bangkok are often far from being "Swedens finest" ;-)

Edited by BKKBobby

Hard to believe that 200 swede are locked up all over the world ? UK have over 100,000 locked up all over the world .

Wow. That figure of 100k for UK seems really high.

Does that include the 85k in UK prisons? Even that figure will include non-UK nationals.

Have only seen articles indicating about a couple of thousand Brits in jails overseas. Would be interested in how you arrived at your 100k figure.

Yeah, I thought it seemed high as well.

There's a charity that helps UK prisoners abroad, and here are the demographics of people they are in contact with:

http://www.prisonersabroad.org.uk/what-we-do/what-we-do-overview/prison-numbers.html

• 1 year later...