Medical for Offshore

Isan Farang

I obtained my last medical in Singapore. It states that the medical was in accordance with Oil and gas UK medical guidelines. This certificate has now expired.

At present I am working onshore, but would like to go and get a new certificate without having to head to Sing.

I day rate so I will need to cover the cost myself, can someone let me know if this cert can be obtained in Bangkok, and is the medical the same deal as the one I had in Sing.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I think Bumrungrad does UKOOA medicals

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes, Dr Vatana does them at Bumrungraad. I have walked in same day and got one but best to make appointment.

Thanks for the info, I just arrived in Bangkok this morning, and I will take a chance and check if it can be done today.

I am staying in Soi Nana so just a short walk.

I think Bumrungrad does UKOOA medicals

Yes, Dr Vatana does them at Bumrungraad. I have walked in same day and got one but best to make appointment.

Thanks for the info, I just arrived in Bangkok this morning, and I will take a chance and check if it can be done today.

I am staying in Soi Nana so just a short walk.

All went to plan, the lady told me there is no appointment required. Was out of there within 2 hours, cost was 3.650 Baht.

• 2 months later...

Just to keep the info fresh.

I just completed my medical at Bumrungrad with Dr Vatana.

Excellent service, excellent facilities all in took me 3 hours as i had to wait a while for the audiometry.

Two year medical for offshore 3570 baht.

Would highly recommend to anyone considering.

Maybe I'm misreading your post but Dr Vatana definitely doesn't do medicals at BPH on Saturdays (or any other day). Why would he when he's part of the Bamrungrad Hospital group?

He told me this when I spoke with him yesterday...

• 4 months later...

Yes Dr Vattana Supramajeko does UKOil&Gas medicals at Bumrumgrad (weekdays) or at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital by appointment on Suturdays

I've arranged online an appointment with this doctor (Dr Vattana Supramajeko) and requested it be a OGUK offshore medical. The hospital didn't reply whether the certificate would be OGUK offshore compatible, but just told me appointment time.

* Will the hospital provide some document with the words OGUK offshore medical or something similar on it? I'm unclear what this looks like as I haven't needed one before but my employer in Middle East is asking for it before I go.

Yes Dr Vattana Supramajeko does UKOil&Gas medicals at Bumrumgrad (weekdays) or at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital by appointment on Suturdays

I've arranged online an appointment with this doctor (Dr Vattana Supramajeko) and requested it be a OGUK offshore medical. The hospital didn't reply whether the certificate would be OGUK offshore compatible, but just told me appointment time.

* Will the hospital provide some document with the words OGUK offshore medical or something similar on it? I'm unclear what this looks like as I haven't needed one before but my employer in Middle East is asking for it before I go.

On the cert it states Issued in Accordance with the Oil and Gas UK guidelines and is medically fit for unrestricted offshore work

I work in the M/E and never been asked for this particular cert they tend to prefer medicals done in the M/E.

Ok thanks. That sounds good. I note also this doctor is listed on the OGUK web site ( http://oilandgasuk.co.uk/knowledgecentre/doctors.cfm?page=result&country=Thailand) along with many others to choose.

My employer in UAE asked for this upfront, then there will be a local medical again on arrival.

I guess things may have changed previously I done some work for Adma/Adco and they had there own approved hospital in Abu Dhabi that I went to get the required medical.

I guess its a safety measure for them to save paying your trip over and possibly fail the local medical.

• 2 weeks later...

I did Basic OGUK with Dr Vatana in Bamrungrad. It costs around 3500THB. Took a couple hours max, mostly waiting. Does not include EKG, Xray or Blood tests. Just blood pressure, eye, ear, urine and reflexes. Seems like if you can stand up you pass. I will need to get a fuller medical myself one day to be satisfied, but this gets me the cert cheaply enough.

• 2 months later...

I did Basic OGUK with Dr Vatana in Bamrungrad. It costs around 3500THB. Took a couple hours max, mostly waiting. Does not include EKG, Xray or Blood tests. Just blood pressure, eye, ear, urine and reflexes. Seems like if you can stand up you pass. I will need to get a fuller medical myself one day to be satisfied, but this gets me the cert cheaply enough.

Well, I was dumb enough to go to Samitivej Sukhumvit for the OGUK today. They started doing tests according to their "OGUK package". Came out to 23 different things, HIV, different kind of drugs, Alcohol, Xray etc etc. 13400 baht total. AVOID THIS HOSPITAL AT ALL COSTS, go to Bumrungrad!

I'm sure gonna have a talk with the DR there on Tue and explain to him the 3500 baht OGUK at Bumrungrad.

Well, I was dumb enough to go to Samitivej Sukhumvit for the OGUK today. They started doing tests according to their "OGUK package". Came out to 23 different things, HIV, different kind of drugs, Alcohol, Xray etc etc. 13400 baht total. AVOID THIS HOSPITAL AT ALL COSTS, go to Bumrungrad!

I'm sure gonna have a talk with the DR there on Tue and explain to him the 3500 baht OGUK at Bumrungrad.

Ouch! Pays to read all the medical threads I guess. I checked out Samitivej in Sriracha last year and they quoted something around 11,000 baht for their 'offshore medical'. Like the Bangkok Hospital group, they have a doctor registered with the UK or Norwegian licensing authorities but pad the package with totally unnecessary tests and charge accordingly.

While I agree that's a lot of green if all you wanted was an offshore certificate, sometimes it's a good idea to get the "23 different things" checked.

That 13K baht sounds like the charge for their normal comprehensive annual checkup package.

While I agree that's a lot of green if all you wanted was an offshore certificate, sometimes it's a good idea to get the "23 different things" checked.

That 13K baht sounds like the charge for their normal comprehensive annual checkup package.

Yes, that is correct. This is what we pay at Samitivej type of hospital for a comprehensive annual medical check-up, including stress test. About 12-15k.

• 1 month later...

I did a full OGUK / NMD check this year in Bumrumgrad.

My company hired a third party to take care of the medical check for all their staff and they booked it for me...

The check was much longer than the previous one I had done there with a lot more exams.

Good job, the price of the check has been multiplied by 7... 26000 Thb!!!!

And after they are talking about cost cutting... &lt;deleted&gt;?

ask the staff at ( FAULK NUTEC BANGKOK ) they should have doctor there at their training facilitie who will do all their attendants medicals. heres the number below -

919 Moo 2, Soi Thetsabaan 58(Udomsin), Sukhumvit Road, Tamboon Taibaan Samutprakarn Samut Prakan 10280
Phone:02 703 9773

Archived