Magic Thai Monk simmers in stew pot

webfact

Good to see Thailand moving rapidly into the 16th century and still believing in magical powers. Well done. Religion(s) like this are the con of the millenia.

forgive me for correcting you... this is not 'religion' and nothing to do with 'Buddhism' it is hocus pokus claptrap for the gullible and ignorant

Buddism, when practiced and understood, is peaceful, loving and compassionate (i.e Dalai Lama) and so there is NO connection between jet setting, sexual deviant or pot boiling 'monks' and Buddhism wai.gif

Whilst I agree that it is hocus pocus claptrap, and that the ignorant and gullible are taken in by it, it "is" religion ... it's the "Thai" version of "Buddhism", and as long as they continue to claim that it "is" Buddhism, then it's perfectly correct to call it a religion. It might not be the same version of "Buddhism" as espoused by the Dalai Lama, but it is certainly classified as a Buddhist Religion.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't it great to see a Thai person come out and debunk a monk in this fashion

This con artist should lose his robe

Don't worry, its ruined anyway..........................sad.png

Bitch to get oil stains out of saffron...........................wink.png

• Like 2

Good to see Thailand moving rapidly into the 16th century and still believing in magical powers. Well done. Religion(s) like this are the con of the millenia.

forgive me for correcting you... this is not 'religion' and nothing to do with 'Buddhism' it is hocus pokus claptrap for the gullible and ignorant

Buddism, when practiced and understood, is peaceful, loving and compassionate (i.e Dalai Lama) and so there is NO connection between jet setting, sexual deviant or pot boiling 'monks' and Buddhism wai.gif

Whilst I agree that it is hocus pocus claptrap, and that the ignorant and gullible are taken in by it, it "is" religion ... it's the "Thai" version of "Buddhism", and as long as they continue to claim that it "is" Buddhism, then it's perfectly correct to call it a religion. It might not be the same version of "Buddhism" as espoused by the Dalai Lama, but it is certainly classified as a Buddhist Religion.

I'm sorry to have to disagree... it's "animism" which is one of the 'three' that Thai's seem to like (Buddhism, Animism and Hinduism). I'm not trying to criticize you but protect 'real' Buddhism from this nonsense.

If this is Buddhism then Walking Street has a plethora of Nuns

• Like 2

Looks great an artist,,,,OOOOHHH wait ,,,,,,an bullshit artist,It's just a trick ,,,Go google /U tube,,, Same as the rest of all the religions,,,every trick and brainwash crap,,,,It's all about getting money/gifts, religions bludgers who don't want to work and getting everything for nothing ,,,,,what an believe,,,,

• Like 1

I'm sorry to have to disagree... it's "animism" which is one of the 'three' that Thai's seem to like (Buddhism, Animism and Hinduism). I'm not trying to criticize you but protect 'real' Buddhism from this nonsense.

It's still "religion" tho which is what you originally stated it wasn't. The Thai versions of any "religion" here bear absolutely no relationship to those as I know of them.

Never mind the fake monk trick, I'm more interested in the bearded lady sat behind him to the right in the African tribal get up!!

Bearded Lady in tribal get up...what are you drinking .....and so early in the afternoon too...can I have some too.

Thank you for cheering up my day!!!

THis is interesting, and I must confess I am skeptikal simply because I know that flesh cooks at that temperature, and I do not believe in the supernatural. I am thinking some kind of fire retardent gel being liberally applied to the man's body. Scientifically speaking, I am certain there is some kind of property involved here that is preventing the man from being cooked... literally.

Edited by cup-O-coffee

So a buddhist monk fleecing a herd of buddhists has nothing to do with buddhism? Must be fake buddhism then.laugh.png

BTW these boyos could teach the catholics a trick or two about separating the poor and uneducated from their hard-earned readies.

• Like 1

so, the scientist says "Ahhh - they added water to the pot and the water boils, not the oil" ........ so he is sitting in boiling water, not boiling oil, well that spoils it for me, sitting in boiling water, pish - I do that all the time, nothing special there at all ....

that was sarcasm by the way for those nationalities who may not have got that point ....

• Like 1

It is all a bunch of superstitious, ridiculous, hocus pocus scamming.

It is hard to believe how gullible these Thai Buddhist are!

Real religions consist of invisible friends who talk to you and watch over you, walking on water, penguins walking from antarctica to the middle east to get on a boat, virgin births, raising the dead, multimillionaire preachers and evangelists, gods from the middle east who look like handsome white europeans and sensible things like that.

These Thai people need to find real religion like we have in the west!

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Do a reality check before calling the kettle black!

post-147745-0-11246900-1423649159_thumb.

Edited by willyumiii
  • Like 1

Never mind the fake monk trick, I'm more interested in the bearded lady sat behind him to the right in the African tribal get up!!

ok, I'll see if I can get her phone number for you so you can hook up.

No, really, no need to thank me, it is all part of the service.

• Like 1

Yes, indeed, and you said it yourself already long ago, I love that signature quote of yours...:

“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” ― George Carlin