How the flight route from Thai to Europe has been change since Ukraine conflict?

Sandman77

Flights from Bangkok to Europe now fly north or south of the Ukraine, depending on the destination. Flights also avoid overflying Syria and Iraq. However flights from Doah to Bangkok track to the South East, over the Arabian Sea and India. As The Ukraine is about 2700 km to the NORTH WEST of Doah you will get no where near it.

I suggest you look up Flightradar24.com, where you will see almost all of the air traffic in the world in real time. When I checked a few minutes ago there was a Qatar Airways flight QTR828 enroute from Doah to Bangkok just crossing the west coast if India - click on the aircraft icon and you will see the route and flight details.

As for flights being 1 hour later, many airlines have seasonal timetables, or the flights may be delayed for other reasons - aircraft availability, weather etc.

My son flew back from Amsterdam to BKK with KLM 2 weeks after MH17 and they switched off the flight info system somewhere over Germany. Makes you wonder why?

Also the email they normally send to ask if the flight was OK didn't come this time.

And right now I check the Flightradar24.com site and see a KLM plane flying over Ukraine.

Guess it's all about money and it saves to fly straight so who cares.

Several respected airlines that normally flew over Ukraine started detouring once hostilities had begun. But, of course, Malaysian Airlines, not content to create one disaster and totally and stupidly mismanage the aftermath, continued flying over the Ukraine and created yet another disaster.

Several respected airlines that normally flew over Ukraine started detouring once hostilities had begun. But, of course, Malaysian Airlines, not content to create one disaster and totally and stupidly mismanage the aftermath, continued flying over the Ukraine and created yet another disaster.

OK - Malaysian airlines hasn't been without fault, but saying they "created" the disaster is a little strong isn't it. I think the person that fired the missile that is truly culpable, or the person that supplied the missiles to the Ukrainian rebels.

I can personally confirm that if you'd fly from Brussels to Bangkok with TG, they choose the last two times to fly in the corridor just south of the Black Sea, avoiding Ukraine completely.

However, I noticed that on the the flights back to Brussels, with the same carrier, they choose once to fly in a northern corridor, meaning over Russia, Poland, Germany/the Netherlands.

For my last flight back to Brussels they used the same corridor south of the Black Sea, as they used for the inbound flights.

The first trip was in October 2014. The last trip just ended this morning.

Edited by stefb1964

I fly Etihad regular Phuket -Abu-Dhabi-Manchester, from AUD normally now striaght up the Gulf, Iranain side at north end into Turkey, across then either across Black sea south of Crimea or across instanbul then across europe, has not put anything on flight time, as said more to do with head/tail winds and time of year

The reason why MH 370 is missing has not been determined yet by ANYONE although the best aviation investigators in the world have applied their collective expertise, knowledge and experience to this investigation. The cause will not be found until the flight data and cockpit voice recorders are recovered. What are your reasons for saying that Malaysia airlines created this situation - and what are your qualifications in Air Safety Investigation?

Flight MH 17 was being conducted in accordance with the Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) issued by the Ukraine ATC authorities. Following a shoot down of a Ukraine Air Force aircraft at 22000 ft one or two days before, they closed the air routes over Eastern Ukraine below 32000 ft (allowing for a 10000 ft safety buffer). MH 17 was flying at 33000 ft and complying with the NOTAM. Numerous other flights (including Singapore Airlines) were also operating at or above this altitude at about the same time. Obviously the Ukraine ATC intelligence regarding the capabilities of Surface to Air Missiles in the rebel areas was not correct - and as to why this was so is being investigated.

The SAM that shot down MH 17 was capable of reaching 70000 ft, and this system is NOT capable of identifying civil aircraft by their transponder codes. The SAM crew were not aware they were targeting an aircraft that was not a threat. It may never be known who fired this missile. The SAM system was supplied by Russia to most of the former USSR countries and it was sold to others as well. It will turn out to be a tragic accident, but it was NOT the fault of Malaysia Airlines.