Communithai Magazine

chang35baht

After all the discussions about this new local magazine, what do we think of it?

Personally, I think that the top ten restaraunts thing was a bit of a sham because these were only restaraunts that, as far as I`m aware, paid for advertising space. So it should have been " top ten sponsors". Chy my?

I thought that the mag it self was very colourful and very well presented, but lacking in content somewhat. I suppose we can put this down to the fact that it is the first issue.

Looking forward to the next issue and perhaps more copies being distributed around the Chiang Rai area.

Edited by chang35baht

No page 3 beauty.................very disappointing :o

I will only say that yes, it is the first issue and hopefully the next will be more content rich and layout will make more sense. It's never easy the first go. Good luck to ya. However, my girlfriend thought it in very poor taste to have a Thai woman featured in the way it was. This is really not Thai style! At least not Chiang Rai style! Best of luck!

Well done I think to all those involved in the magazine. It certainly is far better than the one I read the month before this one came out.

Keep up the good work boys.

As for the restaurant criticism. Is there a better way to rate the restaurants in your magazine. I do agree that some of the ones listed would not come close to my top 10. Are you asking local farangs (living here) at some of the farang establishments or how are you doing this? Is it based on your advertisers? curious!

Again well done and I look forward to next month.

In The Rai!

In the Rai:

Thanks for the feedback.

The restaurnt review was done totally subjectively and by myself.

I'd love to hear other people's feedback for a fave restaurant, etc.

Would be happy to publish the results and others' thoughts.

Dear Mr.Ozark,

On page one of this forum you will find the topic 'good restaurants in Chiang Rai'.

The thread contains 67 contributions by our members about the Chiang Rai restaurants they like best. I think there you can find the information you are looking for.

You can't expect us to reproduce our views again, as you still can read them in the topic mentioned.

Thanks for your information about the way the top ten restaurants were selected.

It must have been pure accidental that we find these restaurants among your advertizers :o .

For obvious reasons only the real-estate offices didn't appear in your listing.

As the magazine very strongly gives the impression to be a commercial venture, I ask you politely to use the 'free advertissements' forum for further information about it.

Spamming is not allowed in this forum (see forum rules).

We all wish you luck with your center, forums and magazines!

Limbo

Edited by Limbo