Thai Passport For Oz Born Baby

Trying to apply for a Thai birth certificate so in turn we can get a Thai passport for our baby and the forms the Embassy have sent us (in Thai) have stated according to my Wife that she must send her passport to them. I've argued that surely they would just need a certified copy of it and it's not a good idea to send an important document such as that in the mail. Anyone here know what's up with that? Is it the case they would need the real thing or would a copy do?

TIA

Registering the birth of a child in the UK, USA, Australia etc. requires that original passports be submitted with the papers. It seems that Thailand has the same requirements.

You can post your passport by registered mail and it should arrive safely, or if you don't trust the mail system you may need to deliver it personally.

Trying to apply for a Thai birth certificate so in turn we can get a Thai passport for our baby and the forms the Embassy have sent us (in Thai) have stated according to my Wife that she must send her passport to them. I've argued that surely they would just need a certified copy of it and it's not a good idea to send an important document such as that in the mail. Anyone here know what's up with that? Is it the case they would need the real thing or would a copy do?

TIA

where are you situated in OZ