golf course and hotel tips for early march

femi fan

Coming down from chiang mai early next month and will be looking to play three different courses on successive days. I've been looking at the pattaya sports club list. Places like siam country club too expensive for this chiang mai citizen! However, i'd also like to play some decent courses, although i assume that probably all of them are at least okay?

So i'm looking for any recommendations from forum members. An old mate of mine always seemed to rate puttalung for whatever reason.

Also if there are any that i specifically should avoid, that might be useful to know.

I also wonder if there are any reasonably-priced hotels that might suit golfers? Not in the middle of all the night action and noise, i'd like to play early rounds!

Just hoping to keep costs down where i can, but this is a rare opportunity for me to get down your way and play some golf there, so i keep that in mind too. I am a Thailand resident with driving licence etc etc, so maybe that will help me secure a better green fee? Does that count much in march?

Many thanks for any help coming my way!

Driving license won't help. Many groups in Pattaya. Try and get a copy of Pattaya Mail. Lists most of them. The online version does not list the groups.

You have three beaver bar in Bang Chan that tee off at 8.0am and hotels are nearby

Cheapest golf courses with cart is going to cost 1300+

Pattana excellent course and facilities. possibly the best of the three wth a hotel

Plutualong same again reasonable for the high season

Rayong country club near to Bang chang possibly the cheapest with not too good facilities

for accommodation with a nice position good food and access to all the major roads there is the "Rendezvous" resort on Soi SIam Country club road which is opposite lake mabrachan and has a host of resorts at different room rates as well as many bars on the road that cater for golfing societies clientele with possibly cut rates at many good golf courses in the area

I dont think that you can go wrong with any of the above

Driving license won't help. Many groups in Pattaya. Try and get a copy of Pattaya Mail. Lists most of them. The online version does not list the groups.

You have three beaver bar in Bang Chan that tee off at 8.0am and hotels are nearby

Cheapest golf courses with cart is going to cost 1300+

I concur with the Beaver Bar suggestion in Ban Chang. I've known the owner for some 30+ years and played many a round with him.

Several hotels nearby and he serves as good a meal as you will find. Try the Mexican food.

I'm sure you will be welcomed but PM me and I will call him to make sure.