Monthly Cost Of Nurse

liketobe

Nurse or nurse- aid?

The first will be hard to find and would cost you not down from 27 000 ฿. The aid will start at 13 000 ฿.

I would think cost could be cheaper than that if you get a Thai person to do the hiring but would "depend". What Qualifications are you looking for?

For a live-in aide to assist a relative after knee replacement cost in Bkk was about 4000B per month with optional 1000b if she wanted to eat meals outside the house. This was a year ago or so. She helped move/bathe the patient, took care of cooking, acted as a companion, go-fer for shopping, etc. She wasn't ever challenged (or expected) to discern depth of medical knowledge but she had been doing caretaking for about ten years so I suspect picked up something along the way.

Nurse or nurse- aid?

The first will be hard to find and would cost you not down from 27 000 ฿. The aid will start at 13 000 ฿.

This are the average saleries in private hospitals arround Pattaya for 12h/7d per week. Cooking? Farangfood?? :o ,forget it.

Nurse or nurse- aid?

This are the average saleries in private hospitals arround Pattaya for 12h/7d per week. Cooking? Farangfood?? :o ,forget it.

for just ONE patient and no boss (other than the patient etc) ???

I asked the same question a while ago and HENG, who uses a nurse to help with his grandmother at home posted this reply

"registered nurses. You can get them through just about any hospital because outside work pays better. Ours are from Phra Mongkut Hospital (the government and army hospital). She doesn't require live in help, so no we don't have any living with us. Although we have had some over for when she was ill, just for simple colds and pneumonia (once, which is about as sick as she's ever gotten). Also on the few occasions that we've had surgeries in the family, we've also had help over. Orderies (generally there to monitor, bathe, and take care of basic needs like helping the patient go to the restroom) are 500 Baht per shift, nurses (doing... well, what nurses do; generally we keep these just a few days extra after hospital release for precautionary measures) are 1200 per shift. One shift is 6 hours. Quite reasonable. Your results may vary.

I posed the same question to someone who works at a Bangkok hospital that caters to foreigners as well as Thais

What do different staff members earn each month??

His response:

1. A registered nurse starts around 15,000-20,000 then goes up

2. A licensed vocational nurse 10,000-15,000

3. A certified nurse's assistant...or nurses aide 9,000-15,000

4. A hospital pharmacist 30,000 up

5. A physical therapist 20,000 up

Work week is 6 days a week and about 9-12hours a day

Edited by egeefay

Nurse or nurse- aid?

This are the average saleries in private hospitals arround Pattaya for 12h/7d per week. Cooking? Farangfood?? :D ,forget it.

my wife cooks perfect farang food, just sometimes I get anry when she can do it better than I can do.

Making italian pasta and wiener schnitzel better than me :o

Sometimes the pasta is southern style so hot that only thai people can eat it.

just cheese she don´t want to cook: men kee

Thanks for the replies and sorry I didn't answer to clarify right away.

To make it clear to all I'm just asking the last question that needed to be asked to understand the total picture when retiring permanently in Thailand. What the monthly cost will be in the future when I find it hard to get around on my own and need assistance. To h..l with a rest home just wheel my chair over to the window so I can watch the girls walking around better than hanging around with a bunch of sick-os. I get free VA medical in the states but not interested in a veteranse home. Its easy to feel young if I don't look in a mirror and I don't have glasses on when I'm cleaning up in the bathroom, can only tell if its time to trim the beard a little and don't even do that six months before X-mass so I can do my santa clause routine.

So I'll use the figures quoted for a full time aid+10 inflation. Maybe I'll take applications for a tall lady-boy that can push my chair down walking street wile clearing away the hustlers, put blinking lights on my chair and toss candy and condoms to all-HO HO HO Marry Christmass.

Thanks for the replies. Is it doable? Do the numbers add up? Yes!

Thanks for the replies. Is it doable? Do the numbers add up? Yes!

Might be doable if you are needing nursing care within the next year or so.

But It sounds like you are years away from needing that kind of help.

In which case, all bets are off.

Who knows what nursing care will cost by then...or what the value of the US dollar will mean to your retirement income.

Better to ask your question when you are closer to needing that kind of service