13 bidders to contest for energy exploration

Lite Beer

13 bidders to contest for energy exploration
By Digital Content

14238849767028-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 14 -- Deputy Prime Minister Pridiyathorn Devakula said 13 bidders, including a French firm, will contest in the 21st round of bidding on concessions for oil and gas exploration in Thailand.

His remarks were made following his talks with French ambassador to Thailand Thierry Viteau on Friday at Government House in which the latter had told him that France would “definitely” participate in the bidding and that French energy conglomerate Total Co Ltd would represent them in the bidding.

Bid applications would have to be submitted by February 18, said Mr Pridiyathorn, adding that the Energy Ministry is now amending the Petroleum Act in which the Thai government would switch to a production sharing system instead of concessions as being practiced now.

Academics and activist groups have called on the government to switch to the production sharing system, saying the current practice has put Thailand at a disadvantage.

Mr Pridiyathorn said Mr Viteau also told him the French government is also interested in a joint investment on a medium-speed dual rail track system which Thailand would co-invest in with the Chinese and Japanese governments.

Since the programme has achieved considerable progress, Mr Pridiyathorn said he suggested that France join in a joint investment in a new bus service in the capital.

Bidding for this programme would be held later.

On an idea of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha to constructing high-speed trains running to popular resorts between Bangkok to Pattaya and Bangkok to Hua Hin, he said the idea should be considered by the next government. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-14

At least I am confident that NO corruption will be involved in the bidding or final award of the concessions.

These days are over, we have an honest government now looking after the interests of Thailand and it's people.

One more thing I was impressed with on this article is what the PM said. and I quote.

"On an idea of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha to constructing high-speed trains running to popular resorts between Bangkok to Pattaya and Bangkok to Hua Hin, he said the idea should be considered by the next government."

Very sensible Prime Minister, it's not the time now for high speed trains.......they can come later.

I shouldn't doubt his wisdom and good intentions.

At least I am confident that NO corruption will be involved in the bidding or final award of the concessions.

These days are over, we have an honest government now looking after the interests of Thailand and it's people.

One more thing I was impressed with on this article is what the PM said. and I quote.

"On an idea of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha to constructing high-speed trains running to popular resorts between Bangkok to Pattaya and Bangkok to Hua Hin, he said the idea should be considered by the next government."

Very sensible Prime Minister, it's not the time now for high speed trains.......they can come later.

QUOTE :

¨At least I am confident that NO corruption will be involved in the bidding or final award of the concessions.

These days are over, we have an honest government now looking after the interests of Thailand and it's people.¨

Are you for REAL? Your ¨rose coloured glasses¨ must be an inch thick and covered with mud !! The ONLY thing that has changed is who gets paid and in what order !! If you mentioned it you would probably get done for LM, just like the last (and only lot) of people that got done for corruption (actually that hasn´t happened, they only got done for LM, the corruption was a side issue of no importance to the REAL issue at hand).

QUOTE :

¨

I shouldn't doubt his wisdom and good intentions.¨

OR, he will instigate something the next (if there ever is one) government can´t possibly achieve (even if it is because of financial reasons) and use that as the excuse for the next coup !! If it is possible he could set the plan in motion complete with a (realistic) budget, then it could be realized by the next general in power.......

If you need me to recommend a good optometrist, I am sure I can find one better than the one you are using now !!

I guess I´ll see you on the other side of the table one day......

• Like 1

So the list of mentally challenged in the oil field has expanded to 13. This, in spite of the fact the last auction/exploration indicated no measurable amount of recoverable oil was in Thailand ? The French have always bet on horse 11 in a 10 horse race but the others must have all been hit with " Dumb Sticks ) !

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Why do you think the junta and their supporters so desperately needed to get rid of thaksin? Because they faced losing all the associated skim on the oil concessions and train infrastructure.

These people created the systems that others have exploited for corruption. They are the original inventors.

13 are bidding? How do they know this? Its bidding and is supposed to be kept confidential until bid closing. Maybe 13 companies looked at the information. I would be surprised if they get more than a few bidders given the uncertainty of what the Petroleum Act amendments are.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Why do you think the junta and their supporters so desperately needed to get rid of thaksin? Because they faced losing all the associated skim on the oil concessions and train infrastructure.

These people created the systems that others have exploited for corruption. They are the original inventors.

Original sinners I would say. They will stay power long enough to skim money from all this and then it is time for election... and who wins again? Wake up Thailand ... Get a Central Party, which is clearly out of this pie sharing thing. It seems too systematic power changes, not sporadic. Sounds like conspiracy theory, but who is going to check the if this bidding among others will be done correctly/transparently without corruption?

So the list of mentally challenged in the oil field has expanded to 13. This, in spite of the fact the last auction/exploration indicated no measurable amount of recoverable oil was in Thailand ? The French have always bet on horse 11 in a 10 horse race but the others must have all been hit with " Dumb Sticks ) !

One suspects the only one who is mentally challenged and has been hit with a dumb stick is your good self making remarks about a subject you know nothing about

1 a simple look at the existing concessions map of the GOT, ie who the current concession holders are will give you a pretty good idea who the 13 bidders would be, this map is freely available on line

2 Thailand currently produces around 100k barrels of oil a day from the gulf along with condensate

3 the French have always been involved as they are part owners of PTTEP through TOTAL along with British Gas, so this report about TOTAL/ French is nothing new, either mistranslation or "misinformation"/propaganda in news report

• Like 1