Girl talks to mother first time after 18 years apart

Thaivisa News

Trang: - A 18-year-old girl whose mother left her shortly after birth got to talk to her for the first time on Valentine’s Day.

Janjira Susakulsing, a resident of Phitsanulok’s Muang district, has been trying for years to locate her mother but her efforts just became successful on Saturday.

In her latest efforts, she posted her story on social network of Trat province as she learned that her mother came from the province. Someone on the network posted her story on Trat TV page on Friday, and 10 hours later the girl’s phone number made it way to her mother, Sunee Sopchoke, 48.

Learning her daughter’s number, she called Janjira who heard the voice of her mother for the first time in her life, according to Naew Na. Both sides shed tears of joy, the paper said. The mother’s calling was witnessed by a Naew Na reporter.

The paper then learned from Sunee that she did not want to abandon her daughter with the father at all. Sunee recounted that after she became pregnant and delivered her baby 18 years ago, the family of her ex-boyfriend would not accept her as their in-law.

She decided to return home in Trang when he daughter was five months old. While she was about to board a bus, the father came to take her girl away. Sunee said she kept the story secret without telling even her mother because she thought she would never have had a chance to meet her daughter again.

Actually, Janjira got her mother’s address from a district office and wrote her a letter on November 22 last year but Sunee’s mother, Tua Sopchoke, 83, put away the letter as she did not know the name of the sender.

The girl said she would work to gather some money to visit her during the summer holidays. She is studying at a university in Phitsanulok.

• Like 1

Can only happen in a U-country like Thailand. Any civilised country in the world would have the names of both mother and father. I f your a father in the civilised world you have to take responsibility for your kids. In Thailand ???? No. In Thailand I met guys with kids with 7 women. Can not remember how many girls and boys. Mai pen rai. Big junta general unelected prime minister !!!!

Can only happen in a U-country like Thailand. Any civilised country in the world would have the names of both mother and father. I f your a father in the civilised world you have to take responsibility for your kids. In Thailand ???? No. In Thailand I met guys with kids with 7 women. Can not remember how many girls and boys. Mai pen rai. Big junta general unelected prime minister !!!!

I wonder how many other members of TVF admire your intestinal fortitude for managing to survive out here in this underdeveloped, uncivilized, back-water, third world, mosquito infested flea pit they call Thailand. It must be a struggle 24/7/365. One needs a truckload of mai pen rai.

Oh, and big junta general unelected PM!!!facepalm.gif

• Like 2

I don't think this this is anywhere as unusual as Thai children who have never spoken to their fathers nor even know who the fathers who abandoned them at birth are ! I support 2 of them and , though their fathers live in the same town, offer no support nor even recognition.. Thai "fathers" , many/maybe most, are similar to African fathers

• Like 2

I think the article refers to something that originated 18 years ago and not

something that occurred in the last 8 months ?

Are you genuinely trying to apportion some blame to the current PM ? blink.png

poor man, you forgot to take your medicine. though, even that won't stop you from being you. delusional

The part I find hard to believe is that 1) the father's family refused to accept the MOTHER as their in-law and 2) the father kidnapped the child as the mother boarded a bus and no one objected. Really? All she had to do was scream "don't steal my baby" and 20 white knights would surround the father and beat him to a pulp. 3) The mother never told HER mother?? Are we supposed to believe THAT? She get's pregnant, has a baby, things don't work out with the father, so she calls her mom and arranges to bring her grand daughter to live with her. Yet she never told her?? C'mon...

I don't think this this is anywhere as unusual as Thai children who have never spoken to their fathers nor even know who the fathers who abandoned them at birth are ! I support 2 of them and , though their fathers live in the same town, offer no support nor even recognition.. Thai "fathers" , many/maybe most, are similar to African fathers

All the children I've known and loved didn't start in my body. Never gave too much thought to it. You see something that needs to be done, you do it. The end.

The part I find hard to believe is that 1) the father's family refused to accept the MOTHER as their in-law and 2) the father kidnapped the child as the mother boarded a bus and no one objected. Really? All she had to do was scream "don't steal my baby" and 20 white knights would surround the father and beat him to a pulp. 3) The mother never told HER mother?? Are we supposed to believe THAT? She get's pregnant, has a baby, things don't work out with the father, so she calls her mom and arranges to bring her grand daughter to live with her. Yet she never told her?? C'mon...

Sir, Peace. It is all difficult to believe. The fact is we're not dealing with fully functional people. We can only do what we think right and no harm. As long as I live, the Dogma some are subject to, very difficult. I was once a skilled craftsman. I also once threw a bucket of water on an electrical fire. . .it did put out the fire and made several others laugh. They say we do what we see. I think I saw one of the three Stooges do it. I'm sure they were receiving better pay. Usually stooges get little or nothing. Just hurt.

• 1 month later...