Seven Africans arrested for duping Thai women

Lite Beer

A post has been removed:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Is the Thai media racist?

Why is it that there are relatively few articles about Africans in the Thai press, but virtually all of these articles are crime-related ones (419 bank scam, black money scam, internet dating scam)?

For once, can I see some articles about black Africans in Thailand doing things in Thailand which show black Africans in a good light?

If you posted some positive reports, then we could get a complete picture.

I've met some who are involved in legitimate and successful exporting businesses. These guys speak Thai and they don't mess around. But because of media reports like this, coupled with racist Westerners and a poorly educated general populace, they're treated like dirt by Thais and foreigners alike. Sneered at constantly, and the word "Africa" might as well be a curse word in Bangkok.

Thai nationalism is an interesting thing. Its main sense of unity comes from denigrating its neighbors, while, if it had a national enemy, it'd probably be the 'Dark Continent'.

What and only the Westerners are racists, they were arrested by the Thai's and have committed a crime against their people, so they will be humiliated in the same way as all foreigners are, these particular people are scum, along with many others regardless of Nationality or colour

This was sent to a Thai teacher friend of mine last week.

Luckily she had the brains to contact me for advice

" WELCOME TO SHS COURIER AND POST SERVICES.

We are International Diplomatic Courier Service Company that ensures a safe and smooth delivery of your valuables to make 100% sure that you receive them the time expected.

SHS Courier and Post Services Limited are hereby to inform you that your parcel left our head office today 9th February 2015 to transit in our CAMBODIA branch on Wednesday 11th February 2015 with our 9:am evening flight for local clearance before delivery.

However, your one trunk box will transit in CAMBODIA (OUR ASIA BRANCH) where Asia Government Inland tax and duty charge must be paid to our representative there in Asia for clearance before the delivery of your box. After the clearance fee is paid by you (the beneficiary), our representative will proceed and use the next available flight for the delivery.

All terms and conditions must be applied and abide before delivering your box to you.

Our Asia representative will contact you for the tax and duty charge as soon as your box arrives in Asia. You are kindly ensure to cooperate with the due process as soon as you are been contacted by our branch office in CAMBODIA to avoid accumulation of demurrage.

Please you have to reconfirm with us your FULL NAME, ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER now to enable SHS Courier and Post Services Limited deliver your parcel without any mistakes, the safety of your box is our top priority.

Hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Mr. James Lawson,

Logistics Manager,

SHS COURIER AND POST,

SERVICES LIMITED. "

I get 4 or 5 emails like this on a daily basis, fake lotteries, inheritance, and guys saying that they are bank managers and have access to dormant accounts. They are laughable

I just checked my spam box since last Thursday. I have 5 companies and 8 (personal) email addresses. I found 28 emails from those con-artists in my spam box. Today, since Sunday evening, I received 26 emails that my spam filter that didn't recognise as spam. 3 of them were from Nigerian con-artists. Women seeking love (2x) while I am already married and 1 lottery scam.

The latest scam is coming from Thailand !!! My companies are receiving hundreds per week of these scams. They are written in English and/or Thai. They all say that our ordered items that we're importing are at the customs office waiting to be released after payment of import duties. I will try to publish one on TV.

Well first things first they should learn to write in English, with the proper Dialog, and second anybody with an ounce of IQ would know it was a scam, and Third, they are scum

Is the Thai media racist?

Why is it that there are relatively few articles about Africans in the Thai press, but virtually all of these articles are crime-related ones (419 bank scam, black money scam, internet dating scam)?

For once, can I see some articles about black Africans in Thailand doing things in Thailand which show black Africans in a good light?

If you posted some positive reports, then we could get a complete picture.

I've met some who are involved in legitimate and successful exporting businesses. These guys speak Thai and they don't mess around. But because of media reports like this, coupled with racist Westerners and a poorly educated general populace, they're treated like dirt by Thais and foreigners alike. Sneered at constantly, and the word "Africa" might as well be a curse word in Bangkok.

Thai nationalism is an interesting thing. Its main sense of unity comes from denigrating its neighbors, while, if it had a national enemy, it'd probably be the 'Dark Continent'.

so if Thailand is so unfriendly place for Afro-african, why do they still keep coming in excessive amounts? strange... they are like Arabs, who feel offended by "anti-muslim" laws in France but do whatever it takes to relocate there from there Muslim-friendly motherlands...

I feel after they serve their prison time they should start a consultant company to teach all the Western guys how not to get lured by bar girls. Imagine that Bar girl lure Western intelligent and educated people for all their money and the Africans lure the Bar girls for their money. I wonder who is more intelligent here?????

It's easy to answer.

1/

Africans or for ranger.

2/

Thai lady's.

Africans tricked Thai lady to send them money very badly in eye of the Thai But when Thai make it to for ranger no problems because it's just for ranger's.

That makes the different.

Trick a Thai national gives lot of years in prison ( not want to lose face )

But when Thai do it to a for ranger it seams to be OK he was warned.

It's beyond me how these crooks can stay here long term. Probably paying off some important officials. Put them in jail for at least a few years and then deport them (if they're still alive by then!) or send them on their way back to Nigeria and hand over to Boko Haram. I bet we never see them again here!!! clap2.gif

Strange how the article seems to quickly gloss over how the girls paid large sums only because they thought that they would increase their money tenfold and up.

The only things that need to be commented on here relate to "the risk-reward concept" and the "if something appears too good to be true then it most likely is"concept.

These girls have only themselves to blame. It's a harsh lesson for sure, but this kind of stupidity or naivety reaps precisely what it sows

Greed is the word to use...

I am however happy these scum were caught as these Nigerians is like a virus. Once they moved into a area and get comfortable, it's all downhill and their often very hard to smoke out.

Make these bastards swim back to Africa.

Edited by CapeThai