Turkish tourist killing on Samui takes new twist

Thaivisa News

What a surprise ! Another cold blooded murder on the islands......... Mind you, Thais don't do things like that, so this Kabin bloke must be Burmese or even a Moken............ Slightly different headline from "Brit girls steal chicken leg", to "Thai psychopath shoots man in bar then follows him outside to execute him"............. What charming pious people, must have had a bad chilli in his som tam............... Nevermind, 200 bht fine, and promise to be good for the rest of the year............I'm waiting for the day when a pissed off "Farang" vet rocks up outside one of Somchais bars with an M16,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now that i want to see........

Edited by SupermarineS6B

One of the posters, seemed to suggest that the fact that Polot was "carrying his own pistol" warranted a "get out of jail free' card. I don't understand what that could possiblyhave to do with the fact that Kabin shot him. Clearly in his (Kabin's) mind, he was shooting an unarmed man! Not always a believer in capital punishment, but the facts of this murder cry out for it! Video footage is irrefutable.....Polot did not pull out his weapon and was shot down like a dog....the second shot seals their fate in my book!! Murder in the 1st degree, no question! Should warrant the death penalty...if not, what the heck is the use of keeping it on the books. At the very least, life imprisonment WITHOUT parole!!

There are far more lovely local expats than lowlifes on Samui. Most are eccentrics for sure, but the vast majority are nice enough.

But like anywhere with money to be made and a fast turnover of potential targets, lowlifes will always show up, and inevitably step in local toes, some more or most far far less.

Most not so much, but some have no off button on their greed, arrogance and cultural insensitivity. This seems to be the case here, on face value.

There is a local power block, but it still kow tows to Bangkok power, both white hats and black hats. This location is at relatively the nexus of the two powers on Samui. Maybe this front man and his minion truly thought they are backed by more power than they really are. This was far more brazen a show than Koh Taos hide n seek game.

This is not about 'islands corruption' as if this were different somehow than any other Thailand protection fiefdom. It is about littler fish in the bigger scheme overstepping their instructions, from either; stupidity, arrogance , amorality or borderline insanity.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

Funny I almost posted on the original report that it's likely the gun was planted on him.

Once again the world gets the true meaning of Thainess; where life is cheap and where Thais feel so superior than any other race they can take a life without consequence and over the most trivial of matters.

Seriously you could offer me $10 million tax free to visit Thailand and I would turn it down without blinking an eye-lid. Why anyone would want to visit or live in the cesspit of humanity ( or lack of humanity ) is beyond my comprehension.

Tax Free!!!....

Hey that's worth considering.

I just wouldn't be able to go out, have a thai girlfriend, sit in bars in Samui or visit Koh Tao with my Blonde Girlfriend..

Tax Free!!! got me going but that's the Britishness in me.....cheesy.gif Following in the footsteps of my peers (and lords)

Why only several days after the shooting was the CCTV footage reviewed? Wouldn't that be the first thing the police would check?

nah bank balance check first, dont forget maybe their buddies at immigration have a copy of his bank book also

Excerpt from the Local Voice...Thai Translation...so back to front....more over there...

A search bodies of the deceased were revolvers size. 38 No. 1 gun short magazine and 9 mm.

The number 1 cylinder Knife with 1 short book catalog 1,000 baht number one hundred baht and. also found a plastic bag containingdrugs, ecstasy and cocaine among its membership. Police records.

post-13-0-99144500-1423993452_thumb.jpg

Totally thick stupid Island police. Even the dimmest police investigators would view the CCTV tapes as a number 1 priority.

We all know that the defense will be, that the Turkish man was armed and they shot him in cold blood because he could have drawn the gun, maybe or at sometime in the future.

AND the Mayor of Koh Tao thinks we are being unfair to his police force. Remember the Burmese boys were supposed to have had their day in court

2 months ago, until the prosecutor realised the evidence was rubbish.

Precisely what I said as soon as the story first broke.. The chances were that the Turks gun was simply the throw away of the shooter..

A buddy had hitmen after him after his wife had been kidnapped / drugged etc over a land deal gone wrong.. The cops gave his wife a gun license knowing he would carry it.. As soon as all the paperwork for the legal gun was done they then offered him a cheap unregged second one and said.. If you shot anyone, make sure you kill them, then leave this next to the body.. That was the police advice when giving out a gun license.

• Like 2

Agreed, I'd place my bet on the fact that he was carrying a gun to be blown out of proportion to the point that it becomes Somchai's alibi and he gets a slap on the wrist.

I wish people would just stop going down to Samui, Phangan, Ko Tao, Krabi and Phuket and leave them to shoot each other with impunity, but we know that isn't going to happen.

• Like 1

Try explaining that to the honest expats that live on those islands and the millions that visit there. They just don,t get it and live in some Fantasy Island dream state. It is obvious to anyone that still has a working brain and some common sense that the moment you set foot there that the islands are corrupt not only from the local mafia but also the numerous foreign criminals living there. I will never understand the draw to those islands. Crappy beaches, over priced crappy food, taxi thugs, over priced rooms, dangerous roads, and the list goes on. Having said that i am happy that the majority of foreigners stay there and not spread into other unspoiled what remains quiet areas of Thailand.

Quality Hosts. wai2.gifwai.gif

"The clip showed the man crawling out and Kabin walking to him and shooting him at close range."

All those islands are ruled by thugs.

It didn't take long for the apologists to stick their heads up.

It may come as a surprise to you that many tourists don't find an endless round of similar looking temples and buffaloes or watching water fall over a cliff or rice growing to be their idea of a holiday.

Actually your attitude really sucks.

Tourist should be safe wherever they go the same as any other person and more so when patronising an establishment that caters predominantly to tourists.

Obviously to confusing for hanno

The story clearly says the gun was planted on the Turk.

Quality Hosts. wai2.gifwai.gif

"The clip showed the man crawling out and Kabin walking to him and shooting him at close range."

All those islands are ruled by thugs.

Yep... They are... But maybe if the quality of the tourist was better, the quality of the host would be better too...

If the tourists went to somewhere off the beaten track instead of the 'party islands', Phuket or Pattaya... They would see good quality and welcoming Thai hospitality...

Want to go to a place crawling with overweight perverts and act the thug? Expect the locals to act the thug back...

Som nam nah

"The story clearly says the gun was planted on the Turk."

The story says clearly too, this thug Turk carried his own gun...quality tourist for sure coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

Posters who ask why the police only looked at the CCTV tapes after the autopsy revealed the Turk was shot with two guns clearly misunderstand the role of the police in Thailand.

RTP are first and foremost a money-making organisation. Secondly their duty is to clear up the mess that's left behind. Catching criminals and enforcing the law is only incidental to performing their two main functions. If you keep in mind the police force's reason for being then their actions amazingly appear rational.

• Like 1

Why isnt this main news headlines ?

Shot by two guys ... bar owner and the helper..

Turkish chap is not drunk and is shot by first almost certainly the owner hes arguing with and then when he crawls to the street the other guy pops him again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPjADcZgfBg&index=19&list=PL0E7BC3A043A46034

Hes an Expat, he had no gun, this is a cold blooded murder, middle of the daytime, end of story.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

The enigma, that is Thailand!

Give it a bleedin rest mate - this crap happens EVERY day on the streets of London !!!

Complete Tosh! There are no where near 365 gun murders in the whole UK per year.

last figure for 2012 for England and Wales is less than 50

Edited by MrTee
  • Like 1