Where can you buy Fast Track coupon for Suvarnabhumi

BKKdreaming

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you will get a fast track card from anyone if you are flying economy, regardless of what kind of gold card you are carrying.

Air India gave me one in January flying economy with Star Alliance gold.

Never got one from United.

I miss UA 787 service for BKK-NRT-LAX

I asked at both United and Thai.......

yes pity United stopped as I liked the Narita lounge......

If you are still flying through NRT and have a *G card, try the ANA lounges. I find them less crowded, plus I like their udon noodle cafe with made to order soup. The sake bar is nice as well, but careful about that one!

The ANA shower rooms are nicer than UA's as well.

Thanks for the info about asking for fast track passes. I didn't know that would work and never asked. I have an ABTC now, so fast track isn't an issue.

Edited by bubba

I don't think you will get a fast track card from anyone if you are flying economy, regardless of what kind of gold card you are carrying.

EK used to give fast track cards to gold members in economy arriving into BKK, until mid last year. When I asked what had changed their reply;

"Bangkok airport has requested us to only offer Fast Track cards to customers travelling in our premium cabins. I regret any inconvenience you experienced on this occasion"

I like the ANA lounge, but the lack of leg room on ANA BKK-NRT economy was a deal breaker for me.

Looks like maybe you have a Star Gold card, in which case you can still use the ANA lounge if you are flying some other Star Alliance carrier.

Anyone have any experience with Malaysia Airlines inbound business class and fast track? If yes at what point are they handed out?

I've always been given the Premium Lane card when departing on a B/C ticket but I'm arriving in B/C for the first time soon.

I like the ANA lounge, but the lack of leg room on ANA BKK-NRT economy was a deal breaker for me.

Looks like maybe you have a Star Gold card, in which case you can still use the ANA lounge if you are flying some other Star Alliance carrier.

Yeah, but I never go through NRT anymore.

I go BKK-DXB-LAX on Emirates.

Takes longer, but great A380 service, great lounges and frequent upgrades since I got Skywards Gold.

My TG Gold will expire next year as the only SA flight I am on regularly is BKK-DEL-BKK

• 3 weeks later...

I am flying back into BKK later this week on the same flight I was on late last year, landing at 07:35, this seems to be a busy time and there was a large queue at immigration resulting in only just making my onward connection to Samui.

I decided to purchase a fast track voucher from http://fasttrackcoupon.blog.fc2.com/blog-category-0.html almost 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. When I enquired with the seller last week why the Thai post tracking number still show's the item "in container at Suvarnabhumi" they told me "maybe because you didn't supply us with your country in the postal address, i.e. you said United Kingdom not England" I'm not convinced that's the reason.

I emailed the Thai Post via their website and received a reply this morning saying it left Thailand on 12th February. It's still not turned up so christ know's what has happened to it.

In fairness the person I have been dealing with at the original purchase company has been in constant communication and has asked me for my hotel address in Thailand so they can send one there for me. It doesn't really help as I'm not bothered about using it on my way back, the whole reason for purchasing it was to ensure I'm not running for my connecting flight again.

You don't need to go through immigration if connecting to Samui. Just follow the C.I.Q signs for airside passport control.

just for your information( FYI )

If you are 70 years old or above, just walk up to the priority line and you get your entry stamp in 5 minutes,

You can than wait for your luggage on the other side

---------------------

Just for your information ..... if you are older and ask for a wheelchair when you book your flight..... many of those "fat track" services wil be given to you with the use of the wheelchair.

As an example.... requesting a wheelchair will:

• Often get you wheeled to the head of any queue, often to the priority or crew access booths
  • You are wheeled from check-in to the departure gate
  • On arrival the chair meets you as you get off the plane.
  • You are wheeled through the security checks
  • No need to climb up or down stairs..... the wheelchair attendant has a I.D. pass for the lifts./elevators. and security doors.
  • The wheelchair attendant will collect your baggage from the carousel
  • The attendant will take you to the taxi queues and often right to you taxi

I always have a few small Baht notes .... say 40 or 50 Baht to hand to the attendant. Even up to 100 Baht for good service. They are paid by the airline, but a few extra Baht makes them remember you the next time you travel.

If you legitimately need a wheelchair...... why would you want "FAST TRACK" service.

Just request a wheelchair.

I think the key word here is "legitimately" need a wheelchair. Just being older and requesting one to get free special services and to the head of the queue? <deleted>.

Edited by bubba

My outbound fast track cards always have the airline's stamp, so I am not sure how that would work at the immigration counter if you are holding a fast track card on one airline, but departing on another airline.

Immigration never looks. I fly in/out quite a bit and always check the normal immigration lines. If it is not so long, I go through the normal line and save the Fast Track card for another time.

I have flown in/out on one airline and used a Fast Track stamped with another - never a comment from immigration.

just for your information( FYI )

If you are 70 years old or above, just walk up to the priority line and you get your entry stamp in 5 minutes,

You can than wait for your luggage on the other side

---------------------

Just for your information ..... if you are older and ask for a wheelchair when you book your flight..... many of those "fast track" services will be given to you with the use of the wheelchair.

I always have a few small Baht notes .... say 40 or 50 Baht to hand to the attendant. Even up to 100 Baht for good service. They are paid by the airline, but a few extra Baht makes them remember you the next time you travel.

If you legitimately need a wheelchair...... why would you want "FAST TRACK" service.

Just request a wheelchair.

I think the wheel chair attendant are paid a low Thai wage by the Airport ( or private company ) and not the Airline you fly on......the Airline might be charged later for this service

But I am not going to ask for a wheelchair if I can walk , its just karma ready to bite you in the butt , I will wait until I need it.......

But Wednesday when I left , at first no one at passport control , but 15 minutes later 100+ people as a tour group came thru.......timing is everything !

Edited by BKKdreaming

Anyone have any experience with Malaysia Airlines inbound business class and fast track? If yes at what point are they handed out?

I've always been given the Premium Lane card when departing on a B/C ticket but I'm arriving in B/C for the first time soon.

I arrived on Malaysian yesterday, I asked the Purser for a fast track card and she had no idea what I meant but was curious. I was first,in the queue as the doors opened and the purser asked the ground crew and a very sheepish woman admitted to having them and handed them out. As I was waiting for my baggage the flight crew arrived and Purser came to speak to speak to me, she has been flying into Swampy since it opened and had never seen or heard of a fast track card before. \

Someone at Swampy is making a killing.}

I arrived on Malaysian yesterday, I asked the Purser for a fast track card and she had no idea what I meant but was curious. I was first,in the queue as the doors opened and the purser asked the ground crew and a very sheepish woman admitted to having them and handed them out. As I was waiting for my baggage the flight crew arrived and Purser came to speak to speak to me, she has been flying into Swampy since it opened and had never seen or heard of a fast track card before. \

Someone at Swampy is making a killing.}

If this is evidence of yet another example of disgusting Thai corruption designed to cheat and steal from foreigners and on a wide scale, across multiple airlines, then it should be reported to the international press. The airline industry needs to be cleaned, if nothing else then for security reasons. And why should passengers be robbed of what they have paid for so some Somchai can enjoy a nice fat profit for nothing?

• 2 weeks later...

// but after paying $1000 plus for a plane ticket what is another 400-500B ?

It is just a waste of money rolleyes.gif

The Bangkok Airport is currently "a no-queue airport" smile.png

... and I can prove it from my trip to Europe this month :

111.jpg

"Queue" to register to Europe: 4 people in front of me...

118.jpg

"Queue" at Immigration to exit Thailand wink.png

141.jpg

"Queue" at Immigration coming back Thailand. More officers than travellers wink.png

// but after paying $1000 plus for a plane ticket what is another 400-500B ?

It is just a waste of money rolleyes.gif

The Bangkok Airport is currently "a no-queue airport" smile.png

... and I can prove it from my trip to Europe this month :

111.jpg

"Queue" to register to Europe: 4 people in front of me...

118.jpg

"Queue" at Immigration to exit Thailand wink.png

141.jpg

"Queue" at Immigration coming back Thailand. More officers than travellers wink.png

And according TAT the tourist numbers are only going up. Yeah right whistling.gif

Pattaya46 - as much as the camera doesn't lie in this instance, I can guarantee that when my wife and I disembark at Swampy next Sunday at 1500h, it will be heaving. And when we leave Swampy in four weeks for our return flight home it will be much of the same.

Fortunately, on arrival, I attend the Thai passport queue with my wife, which isn't really a queue as there's never a queue to start with. Unfortunately, Thai passport queue on departure is a completely different story.

Pattaya46 - as much as the camera doesn't lie in this instance, I can guarantee that when my wife and I disembark at Swampy next Sunday at 1500h, it will be heaving. And when we leave Swampy in four weeks for our return flight home it will be much of the same.

Fortunately, on arrival, I attend the Thai passport queue with my wife, which isn't really a queue as there's never a queue to start with. Unfortunately, Thai passport queue on departure is a completely different story.

In another thread it was mentioned that with the introduction of the automated immigration gates now for Thai citizens that the Immigrations podiums designated for returning Thai citizens had been removed. It was on the internet so it must be true.

In another thread it was mentioned that with the introduction of the automated immigration gates now for Thai citizens that the Immigrations podiums designated for returning Thai citizens had been removed. It was on the internet so it must be true.

I can confirm this. When we arrived at swampy there where no special lines anymore for Thai citizen but we where directed to the diplomated line.

(after showing our Thai passport to one girls directing the waiting people)

Hi

I do not care if its at the airport or in tourist area BKK

and so far I have not had much more than 10-15 minute wait ,

but after paying $1000 plus for a plane ticket what is another 400-500B ?

Is it worth the 400-500 baht to wait for your luggage on the other side of immigration? I also do not enjoy line ups, but it seems no matter the length of the line, I am through immigration before my luggage appears. If only hand carry, then yes, a good advantage.

Agreed, always beat the luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

I like that they are selling the coupon with "Not for Sale" clearly printed on it! Most likely not a problem though as the immigration guys don't really look at them in detail (I only hand over when specifically asked). As far as I know there is nowhere at the airport just to buy one on arrival.

Ask when checking in the flight,

just for the record. To get in the line of fasttrack at Suvarnabhumi airport you can do it if you over 70 years old. Its written on the counter of the immigration que ( fasttrack), or if you fly business or first class, show your boarding card, or if you have small children with you or if you are visible pregnant , sick/ disabled in a wheelchair/ on crutches or, if you are a cleric, take your pick.

I qualify, or show them your yellow Tambian Baan book, or just smile.