Prayut visits Chiang Mai

Lite Beer

Prayut visits Chiang Mai

17-2-2558-11-28-54-wpcf_728x408.jpg

CHIANG MAI: -- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha left for Chiang Mai Tuesday morning on a Thai Army plane to follow up on the development of several royal projects.
He was also accompanied by his wife and members of his cabinet.

The prime minister will visit Doi Ang Khang farm project where he will meet MC Peesadej Rajani, chairman of the Royal Project Foundation, and privy councillor Kamthorn Sindhavanon.

In the afternoon, the prime minister will fly to Nan province to inspect other royal projects, and will return to Bangkok tonight.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prayut-visits-chiang-mai

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-17

I would have thought from all the NIDA and TRICHA surveys that 95%+ of Thais agree that the PM is doing a good job and are pleased with continued martial law. So shouldn't he have had a motorcade through Chiang Mai to let his admirers greet and shower him with flowers? Maybe he could have stopped to give them words of his wisdom and hope. Being the Head of Government in the second largest city in Thailand, I'd think he would be more receptive to the public.

I am sure the public would have been very receptive of Gen. Prayuth. But it's not very practical for the army general to pass through town in a tank. So he should be excused for his oversight.

How many visits is this for him to Chiang Mai, since he seized power ? Actually this one doesn't really count as a Chiang Mai visit - this trip is all about Royal Projects and a Privy Council tete a tete. Shortly, we should see the a NIDA poll stating that 81 % of northerners enjoyed his visit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I would have thought from all the NIDA and TRICHA surveys that 95%+ of Thais agree that the PM is doing a good job and are pleased with continued martial law. So shouldn't he have had a motorcade through Chiang Mai to let his admirers greet and shower him with flowers? Maybe he could have stopped to give them words of his wisdom and hope. Being the Head of Government in the second largest city in Thailand, I'd think he would be more receptive to the public.

I am sure the public would have been very receptive of Gen. Prayuth. But it's not very practical for the army general to pass through town in a tank. So he should be excused for his oversight.

The smog and visibility is so bad today that even if he did an open top motorcade drive through you might not see him.