Mailing to UK State Pensions Dept

Just because you've received a reply doesn't necessarily mean the Newcastle centre accepted them.

My understanding is that after they arrive at Newcastle they are rejected and sent on to Wolverhampton where they are scanned. Newcastle then just works with the scanned, electronic copies. Paperless office, and all that nonsense.

In other words, all you're doing by sending to Newcastle is introducing a delay before your paperwork is dealt with.

Just because you've received a reply doesn't necessarily mean the Newcastle centre accepted them.

My understanding is that after they arrive at Newcastle they are rejected and sent on to Wolverhampton where they are scanned. Newcastle then just works with the scanned, electronic copies. Paperless office, and all that nonsense.

In other words, all you're doing by sending to Newcastle is introducing a delay before your paperwork is dealt with.

In the previous thread, (see: UK State Pension claim – unsuccessful delivery) 2 persons reported that the Wolverhampton Mailing Centre would not accept registered mail. A statement which caused some confusion.

I am merely setting the record straight. The do accept registered mail there. What they do with it once they have received it not my concern as long as the system works.

• Like 1

In the previous thread, (see: UK State Pension claim – unsuccessful delivery) 2 persons reported that the Wolverhampton Mailing Centre would not accept registered mail. A statement which caused some confusion.

I am merely setting the record straight. The do accept registered mail there. What they do with it once they have received it not my concern as long as the system works.

they put the record straight back in december when they realized[ the dwp].had dropped a <deleted> buy useing a mailing service who wouldnt except registered mail.

Many thanks for the update. I am about to send off my claim pack, but was waiting for a reply from my email to the Pensions Office after expressing my concerns about sending sensitive documents by "normal" post. EMS it will be then. Thanks again. clap2.gif

the wife sent more or less the same[large envelope] to the uk.by registered mail 138bht.

sent on the 9th signed for on the 16th.this is the second one she has sent and both arrived within 7days.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

they put the record straight back in december when they realized[ the dwp].had dropped a <deleted> buy useing a mailing service who wouldnt except registered mail.

Oh, that's interesting. Who do you suppose signed for my letter on August 28th 2014 then?