Methadone

snu

My boyfriend and i have a trip planned to thailand for 30days. He is currently on methadon (30mgs)/day and although I have phoned the thai consulate and they assure me it is fine as long as he has it in a prescription bottle as well as a note from his doctor, I would like to know if anyone else has travelled there with methadone? We will be traveling from canada via hong kong..I just can't help but be nervous!!

Thailand

Methadone Treatment: available

There are methadone treatment centres in Thailand. Unfortunately we cannot present any contact details of dispensing units. Thai methadone treatment units are strongly requested to provide their contact details and additional info.

Importation of Methadone/Buprenorphine/Codeine: possible

Travellers are permitted to bring into Thailand a quantity of methadone (or any other prescribed substitution substance) sufficient for the duration of stay. They have to carry with them a letter from their home prescriber which clearly supports their need for the medication (specimen letter: click HERE). We advise to have the doctor's letter translated into Thai and certified.

Any comments and additional information greatly appreciated.

Please address all correspondence to:

Ralf Gerlach

INDRO e.V.

Bremer Platz 18-20

D-48155 Münster

Germany

Phone: +49 251-234577 or -60123

Fax: +49 251-2807687 or -666580

Email: [email protected]

best not to rely on this one piece of information , check it out yourself before coming.

Edited by taxexile

"Trippin' to Siam on methadone" - I love it !!!

there's no problems with it here, just take prescr with you, or better - let your vials have a sticker

friend of mine came from US as walking drugstore - uppers, downers, ritalins and all flavors of mind altering sh*t. and nothin' happen to him. Besides, he really fancies "kitten in microwave oven" and hates ants.

Jim Morrisson Generation rules!

My boyfriend has a prescription of methadone as he was addicted to oxycotin which was ALSO prescribed to him from a Doctor (who should be sued but that is an entirely different thread all together!) for an injury (shoulder)!

Anyway, I am sooooooooooo paranoid that I phoned the Thai emabassay in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, & Ottawa who all assured me that a letter from the doctor is sufficient! I am going to have that documentation translated into Thai but I was just wondering if there was anyone who actually did it and had no problems! That would make me feel better!

My friend told me that she carried around syringes for 3 months (she is diabetic) when she went to Thailand. She said she would have been a prime target for police as she was travelling with another girl and they were only 24!

I appreciate all the feedback! Hopefully someone who has done will read and respond!

• 7 months later...