Nok Air VIPs' flight from Nan delayed as door could not be locked

webfact

VIPs' flight from Nan delayed as door could not be locked

18-2-2558-14-18-56-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Nok Air flight bound for Don Meuang from Nan province this morning was delayed and all passengers were told to disembark after its back door could not be locked.

The technical problem at flight DD8819 of Nok Air was detected by airline officials before the plane was to leave Nan airport for Don Meuang.

There were several VIPs among the passengers of the flight. They were privy councilor Palakorn Suvannarat, National Reform Council chairman Thianchai Kiranant, Kasikorn Bank top executive Banyong Lamsam, Ms Nualpan Lamsam and Mr Piyasvasti Amranand of PTT.

They were in Nan to celebrate the 60th birthday anniversary of Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/vips-flight-nan-delayed-door-not-locked

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-18

Give them credit for not going anyway.

I know a woman who was on a flight from OZ to USA.

Door was not closed properly and many suffered ear damage from air pressure problems.

Nok air had a problem and too the safe option.

Good for them!

Another report, a Nok person said the aircraft is new and therefore still needs some adjustment and a bit of oil.

Sorry I don't buy that at all. Surely no aircraft manufacturer would release a new aircraft to a customer in this state.

Perhaps the TV flying buffs could comment.

Another report, a Nok person said the aircraft is new and therefore still needs some adjustment and a bit of oil.

Sorry I don't buy that at all. Surely no aircraft manufacturer would release a new aircraft to a customer in this state.

The doors are checked from the factory however: In a different environment the cables and weights inside the door can act different at different airfields.

There have been many incidences of new aircraft, in service, having problems, particularly a new model.

Just a minor incident, and the door really didn't care who was on board.

Edited by jacko45k

There have been many incidences of new aircraft, in service, having problems, particularly a new model.

Just a minor incident, and the door really didn't care who was on board.

same thing happens with new models of cars and trucks despite claims of testing testing testing.