Copy Your Post

uptheos

If your post doesn't load or disappears go back and start to reply again. There is an auto save thingie at the bottom of the new page that tells you autosaved so long ago, click on it and your previous post will come up and ask you if you want to use it.

Works for me.

PS, first check that it hasn't loaded, Ive had replies where it has said it has not been posted when it actually has.

OP is good advice for any forum, in fact most computer work as well.

On a PC, write your post, press 'Ctrl A' to highlight everything then press 'Ctrl C' to copy to clipboard (copy to clipboard means the computer will remember what you copied until you copy something else or shut down - it's not permanent like a 'Save' function).

Now you have it on clipboard, if there is any problem when posting just start your reply again. Just click into the reply box and press 'Ctrl V' and it will paste the contents of the clipboard onto the page exactly as the original.

I have always and always will create my posts first in MS Word and then copy and paste the text into Thai visa compose, the same applies to emails.

By first creating a preliminary version of a post in MS Word and keeping the copy until your TV post is published reserves your text if in the event things get messed up somewhere in the publishing procedures, plus easy to conduct spelling and punctuation checks, hence a flawless post. This is why all my posts are pure perfection.

If using MS Word and after copying the text into Thai visa you find the format or fonts is incorrect, just copy and paste the text from MS Word into Wordpad or Notepad and then publish onto Thai visa.

• Like 1

OP is good advice for any forum, in fact most computer work as well.

On a PC, write your post, press 'Ctrl A' to highlight everything then press 'Ctrl C' to copy to clipboard (copy to clipboard means the computer will remember what you copied until you copy something else or shut down - it's not permanent like a 'Save' function).

Now you have it on clipboard, if there is any problem when posting just start your reply again. Just click into the reply box and press 'Ctrl V' and it will paste the contents of the clipboard onto the page exactly as the original.

On the rugby league forum, when I'm following a game, I'll save it early, then edit it, saving every couple of minutes.

If you're writing great long stories, you're probably best writing them in a separate package - Word, or some other word processor or text editor, then copying and pasting them into the TV window, to avoid the vagaries of the internet.

SC

CTRL+A followed by CTRL+C at anytime.

Or; write it out in Notepad, copy it, come here, then CTRL+V

If you write it in notepad, you don't get line breaks. If you hit the enter key to get line breaks in notepad so you can read it as you type, the formatting will mess up the post.

I always use notepad to paste and then copy any text I copy from the web simply to remove all formatting. Then when I paste that into my post the forum software formats the line breaks, font etc. This works great.

When I'm writing a long post, I do as noted above regularly. CTRL+A, CTRL+C and it's on my clipboard.

CTRL+A followed by CTRL+C at anytime.

Or; write it out in Notepad, copy it, come here, then CTRL+V

If you write it in notepad, you don't get line breaks. If you hit the enter key to get line breaks in notepad so you can read it as you type, the formatting will mess up the post.

I always use notepad to paste and then copy any text I copy from the web simply to remove all formatting. Then when I paste that into my post the forum software formats the line breaks, font etc. This works great.

When I'm writing a long post, I do as noted above regularly. CTRL+A, CTRL+C and it's on my clipboard.

Set format to "Word Wrap" Notepad. After you've finished editing, uncheck "Word Wrap" which gives you long lines of text.

But no need to scroll to see the end of them because when you hit CTRL+A, it copies everything. When you paste it into the forum, you'll see that it will format normally i.e. just as if you had written it directly in the forum.