What are the usual prices of entrance fees and drinks in Bangkok nightclubs(KU DE TA and Levels)?

thaichalina

Soi 11 is full of schit.

What was once an interesting soi in terms of bars/clubs has been turned into a cynical, tasteless theme street that falls short of its upmarket aspirations by a country mile.

Sponsors logos everywhere, stingy, watered-down drinks at gouging prices, formulaic chart hit music and greasy sex tourists chasing toughened street skanks in Pratunam cocktail dresses. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vrJpEP3T5-

I simply can't WAIT until Disco Daryl (Tunnel, Bash) opens Chi UltraLounge on soi 13 in March/April.

Music promises to be upfront house grooves - strictly NO EDM - and they'll be getting back to bringing in the big name, international DJs not the clueless Thai rent-a-laptop jockeys playing 5 year old Rihanna and Pitbull tracks

Roll on April

Nothing like a cynical post complaining about cynicism. :)

Soi 11 is what it is. Those unmet aspirations can make one chuckle. If you think you're going to Ibiza yeah... it's a disappointment. If you know you're in a seedier side of bangkok on a street that is trying to be something it cannot -- it's an interesting thing. Carnival atmosphere. Strange mix. I saw a famous female Thai blogger last time I was at Levels and just opposite at the same table were two obvious freelancers. Wish I snapped a pic. Wouldn't hang out there on anything approaching a regular basis -- I mean the weird line to get in and ride the elevator up are annoying enough. But for one or two nights might be a fun stop for OP. If not, keep on moving.

While the expats up and down the soi making their last ditch efforts to find someone before the night ends is good for a smile - the most cringe worthy group is the english teachers pretending to be international dance club stars (like 80% of the dudes hanging out at Bash). But if you want to see a place where the beat goes on, oblivious to the awkward ambiance around it where cultures don't quite fit perfectly but somehow maintain into the early morning anyway - soi 11.

Also - I think someone mentioned Route 66 at RCA. The couple times I went music wasn't bad, but very young crowd, I mean the average is probably 21-23 but you had teens getting in somehow. At 34 I'm too old to be hanging out there. Most def.

Nothing like a cynical post complaining about cynicism. smile.png

Soi 11 is what it is. Those unmet aspirations can make one chuckle. If you think you're going to Ibiza yeah... it's a disappointment. If you know you're in a seedier side of bangkok on a street that is trying to be something it cannot -- it's an interesting thing.

It's only interesting the first or second time unless you're a hardened people watcher. I'm not. Seen one drunken, corpulent, lummox in a "Same, same but different" t-shirt negotiating a price on the pavement and you've seen them all

No one expected Soi 11 to be Ibiza but it had a few interesting venue before the clueless management group that dominates the soi's bars/clubs arrived on the scene.

Q Bar had an eclectic crowd run by someone who actually cared about his customers, Bed Supperclub was great on nights the heavyweight US and European DJs played and even Diva which used to be on the corner where Marshmallow is now was half decent.

Anyway, it's no biggie; Thonglor's Badmotel, Seenspace and Silom's Maggie Choos provide the vibe that soi 11 lost long ago with far, far fewer prostitutes and much better music.

• Like 2