Thailand tourism sector courts Chinese, upscale visitors

webfact

Putting all your eggs in one basket is dangerous.

I have friends who said that Pattaya had too many Russians and was getting too crowded and because of that they did not care to return. So now my friends moved on to other areas and the Russians have stopped coming but now too late. So now both the Russians and my friends are no longer bringing money to the area.

You get these bus loads of Chinese coming and they will also chase away other tourists.

A while back I checked into a hotel in Bangkok that I had stayed at before and liked. This last time it had hundreds of Chinese staying. The free breakfast which was normally fine was a nightmare with people pushing, coughing on the food and just being rude (Chinese). You could hear people talking in the halls until late in the evening as the Chinese would just leave their doors open and go from room to room. Never again would I stay there or any other Chinese bus tour hotel.

I don't care what country people come from but if you get too many of same in one group they take over and drive others away.

Thailand should try for an even mix from all countries.

Be careful what you wish for Thailand !

Yes, the people posting here about how the Chinese aren't any worse behaved than others should go travel in China for a while. I've spent too many nights in Chinese hotels over the years and everything you write above is par for the course, even in 5-star hotels they'll all pile into one room, put extra mattresses on the floor, bring in bags full of instant noodles and have a big party with the door open so you can enjoy their shouting, cackling, and arguing deep into the night.

I dispensed with politeness years ago and bang on the walls, step into their rooms (hey, the door's open, I guess I can go in!) and tell them loudly to 5TFU and now. Usually it works, if not a second dose usually works. They're usually not total jerks, they just don't get it that other people aren't deaf and a forceful reminder that they're out of line usually (but far from always) gets across to them.

Plenty of chances to practice in Thailand, go have fun chewing out Chinese tourists when they're rude, it's a good way to blow off some steam and unlike with the locals you're not risking sudden and fatal lead poisoning!

Edited by PaPiPuPePo