Computer repair shop

Mr Somtam

Yes, you can do that. As long as you are a Thai citizen.

If you are a foreigner, you need 4 Thai employees, a capital of 2 million Baht for the company, and a minimum salary of THB 50,000/month (if you are European) to get your work permit - but you know that.

She would have to employ two thais to get you a work permit. Presume you are on a marriage extention and not retirement.

Correct.

Another dream that is not gonna work out then. How could we employ 2 thais when Profit per month would be in the 5000-10000 ballpark?

I am getting the idea that making money here is not easy for a foreigner, unless you have millions to "invest".

She would have to employ two thais to get you a work permit. Presume you are on a marriage extention and not retirement.

Correct.

Another dream that is not gonna work out then. How could we employ 2 thais when Profit per month would be in the 5000-10000 ballpark?

I am getting the idea that making money here is not easy for a foreigner, unless you have millions to "invest".

Correct. Apart from the Thai employees the company also needs a capital of THB 2 million per work permit for a foreigner.

Not easy, true.

I have done this, on the side, in Holland where I'm from. Very easy to start, only need some computer gear and internet connection. I am NOT going to "invest" 2 million and employ 2 staff to do absolutely nothing for an income of, maximum, 10000 baht a month. This is not a good idea, thanks for the info everyone!

I have done this, on the side, in Holland where I'm from. Very easy to start, only need some computer gear and internet connection. I am NOT going to "invest" 2 million and employ 2 staff to do absolutely nothing for an income of, maximum, 10000 baht a month. This is not a good idea, thanks for the info everyone!

So, in Holland, you are a local. If you were a local in Thailand, it would be just as easy. ;-)

• Like 1

A fantastic French restaurant in Bang Saray had to close because the French owner chef could not generate enough income to pay for the unnecessary staff. Sad loss to Bang Saray in particular and Thailand at large. A couple of jobs lost here; repeated all over Thai tourist industry = self-inflicted wounds. Death by a thousand cuts.