Thai-english-thai Translater Software

happymanme

hi everyone

i am looking for either software or an online resource

to tanslate text from english to thai, and also thai to english it is my hope that something is available so that emails between myself and a certain lovely lady and other friends within thailand can be made easier,

any help on this matter would be appreciated.

thanks

allan

happymanmee,

the one I like very much is available at http://www.meteve-phuket.com/shop/index.html

It is in English, Thai and also in Transliteration. It also comes with a voice function and search function. The downside is that it is only available on CD and the site listed above is in German. My suggestion is that your Thai connection buys the CD and send it to you. Especially, if you are going to use it for translation, it is quite a neat tool.

Cheers........kandt :o

Hi Happy,

The short answer to your question is, Yes.

Valentino was nice enough to mention it. www.thai2me.com is an English to Thai and Thai to English automatic e-mail translator.

If you are a member of the freelancerbar board there has just been a long discussion there on this product, and everyone that tried it was complimentary.

The only restrictions you face are that you need to write in English rather than slang, (not suggesting your language skills are anything but satisfactory, honest :o ), and use normal punctuation in particular using the ? after any question.

Thats it! it is very reasonably priced, you get two numbers for your money so your lady can reply in Thai and you will see only English!

The added benefits are that it is private so only you and your friend will know whats been said.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions use the "contact" page on the thai2me web site and you will get a reply within 24 hrs at the latest, usually a lot sooner.

dog

Hi Dog,

I have been using Thai2Me for about 2 weeks now. It has really helped my communcation with my Thai friend. It seems she can understand everything I write, and I can understand everything she writes. At the price I paid for this it seems a bargin. I would certainly reccommend this system to anybody else who wants to communicate with contacts in Thailand.

Cheers,

The Cat :o

Hi Cat,

Always nice to hear from a satisfied customer.

We do still have the odd glitch, so should you ever experience any difficulty, please let us know via the "Contact" page on the Thai2Me web site. All feedback helps us stay ahead of the game. :o

dog