Group ride anyone?

papa al

Large group of bikes waiting at the lights on Pattaya Tai to turn right onto Suk - most dangerous place I have seen in Thailand for bikes. Some bikes and cars want to go into that soi directly across the road, but slightly to the right as you look at Suk from Pattaya Tai. Logic would dictate that these riders/drivers would sit in the left hand lane at the lights. But we all know the problem about logic.

So, when the lights turn green for the Pattaya Tai vehicles, a swarm of bikes heads off onto Suk, and it's bloody mayhem. Bikes and cars sitting in the right lane push over to the left to go into that soi, the clowns. It's amazing that a dozen bikes don't crash into each other each time. This amply illustrates Al's comment better than any other place I've seen here (altho Youtube throws up some shockers from other countries).

• Like 1

Wita, 5 5, yes every ride around city seems like a group ride.

Good one, mate. Never thought of it like that. :) The fellowship of the road, the company of like-minded souls, the love of finely tuned machinery and the respect for other travellers - this great bond of freedom that soars in your heart when in the compny of true riders of the storm comes together every time you stop at a traffic light. Brrrmmm, brrrmmm, brrrmmm.

• Like 2

"Most accidents involve other bikes" is true in the sense that other bikes are usually nearby- most accidents are caused by rider error. Unless you crash in the boonies, I don't think its possible to be more than 10m from another bike on the road in LOS.;)

Edited by RubberSideDown
  • Like 1

"Most accidents involve other bikes" is true in the sense that other bikes are usually nearby- most accidents are caused by rider error. Unless you crash in the boonies, I don't think its possible to be more than 10m from another bike on the road in LOS.;)

You need to get up north buddy :)
  • Like 1