4G modem/router

Anthony5

Mifi with ethernet? Why?

Use a 4g supported stick on some traveller type wifi/ethernet/usb (3g/4g) type device (Tp link has so many).

And you can get internet via ethernet or wifi.

I don't exactly understand what you mean with traveller type wifi/internet/usb type device. Please explain.

To make it more clear. My house has wired network to every room through network hub.

I have a N300 intellinet 3G router, in which now sits a 3G USB modem,but I assume this one doesn't support a 4G USB modem.

http://www.intelline...-300n-3g-router

I try to keep it as economical as possible, but every room has to be able to connect to the 4G through Ethernet. A decent 4G USB modem cost about 2500 Baht as far as I can see.

So what would be the additional cost for a device as you suggest?

http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-MR3020

Your N300 may support 4G modem but you need to check their support first. Not every usb 3g/4g device works with other devices.

Thanks again, but I have no idea where to look for that. I posted the link to the product page, but there isn't anything about which aircards they support.

I also see that on the support page from the TP-link under Thailand is nothing listed

http://www.tp-link.com/lk/products/details/?model=TL-MR3020

Your N300 may support 4G modem but you need to check their support first. Not every usb 3g/4g device works with other devices.

Thanks again, but I have no idea where to look for that. I posted the link to the product page, but there isn't anything about which aircards they support.

I also see that on the support page from the TP-link under Thailand is nothing listed

On the product page you listed, look in the (MANUALS) tab for "3G USB Modem Compatibility List" for the downloadable .pdf file.

But just so you don't waste your time, it only lists 3G compatible sticks.

Looking at other modem/router manufacturers to see what makes a 3G USB Modem 'compatible' with their router, it depended on if the 'driver' supported the specific ISP. (The script the router uses to initialize/command the USB Modem needs to recognize the device and, apparently, the ISP/Carrier in your country).

When looking at those 'other' 3G/LTE Router support pages, they asked that the 'Country' be specified (to identify the IPS/Carrier) and while Thailand was listed, the actual 'list' was blank -- Probably because Thailand as an LTE carrier is to recent to have been included in their firmware scripts. Those 'other' 3G/LTE recommended contacting their support departments. It may be possible that a 4G/LTE modem will be compatible with your current 3G Router, but the firmware may need to be updated to include a working initialization/command script.

Mifi with ethernet? Why?

Use a 4g supported stick on some traveller type wifi/ethernet/usb (3g/4g) type device (Tp link has so many).

I don't exactly understand what you mean with traveller type wifi/internet/usb type device. Please explain.

To make it more clear. My house has wired network to every room through network hub.

I have a N300 intellinet 3G router, in which now sits a 3G USB modem,but I assume this one doesn't support a 4G USB modem.

I try to keep it as economical as possible, but every room has to be able to connect to the 4G through Ethernet. A decent 4G USB modem cost about 2500 Baht as far as I can see.

On that link you posted, click the Specifications tab. That will show you what the router supports.

In any event, if you connect a 4G device to it, the router will slow it down to the speed it supports i.e. maximum 3.5G

If you're going to upgrade the router, then look for a type with a Gigabit Ethernet LAN switch. The one you have now only supports a maximum 100 Mbps.

Here's a Google link to some of them.

Mifi with ethernet? Why?

On that link you posted, click the Specifications tab. That will show you what the router supports.

In any event, if you connect a 4G device to it, the router will slow it down to the speed it supports i.e. maximum 3.5G

If you're going to upgrade the router, then look for a type with a Gigabit Ethernet LAN switch. The one you have now only supports a maximum 100 Mbps.

Here's a Google link to some of them.

From the product oberview of my router.

When connecting a 3G / 3.5G USB modem* to the router, all network (wired/wireless) users can share the 3G / 3.5G Internet connection. The Wireless 300N 3G Router can support 3G / 3.5G speed up to 7.2 Mbps.

So that means it isn't even able to utilize 3G speed, which I think is 42Mbps, or am I confused with MB and Mb ?

Edited by Anthony5

• 4 years later...

Hi Anthony,

I was also looking for 4G modems/routers with an Ethernet connection and after some effort, I found my required modem "4G LTE Modem with Dual Ethernet Ports" on Netgear website and it has Gigabit Ethernet port for connection pass-through. I think you are looking for it.