Chinese pedestrians

LarryBird

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not only pedestrians .Just had two 'near misses' within 200 mtrs, they were on m bikes, any shop renting m bikes to Chinese should be burnt to the ground!!!!!

Edited by roo860

and we wonder why most thai's keep away from pattaya.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mate, Thai's keep away from Pattaya because when they like to eat and drink they go where they pay a fraction of Pattaya's cost and have their own sort of fun.......not to mention that the same goes for nookie. wink.png

not the Bangkok thais that i know, they wont go to pattaya cos a/ it's a class thing they think pattaya's

full of low class b/ sex they reckon thais that go there are probably gonna be working in the sex industry and feel like once there people look at them and label them as part of it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

I saw a group walking three abreast down Nimmanhaemin last night nearly clipped by Bikes and Lorries. I hope nobody gets hurt.

Then I caught up with them. Guess what they were Thais. Probably tourists from BKK.

Despite the reputation for bargaining the Chinese are paying too much for transportation and Songthaew drivers are getting greedy. I just had a gent demand 200 baht to go 3km. I told him one person not 10 and walked away.

Nimman is a worse than Moon Mueang for catching a legitimate songtaew. I can go from CMU/Suthep to Tha Phae all day for 20 THB. At 18:00, it's 150 to go from Nimman to CMU. Also walk-able in less than 20 minutes.

Rush hour, prime time, many have gone home so supply and demand.

Call it whatever you want, 18:00 is a bad time for CM transport

• 5 months later...

Yep, you nailed it too. The Chinese are different.... AND they're all the same. wink.png

I respect diversity of opinions, but...

Honestly, a dog seems to have more sense. coffee1.gif

Compared to China, US has only 350M people and thankfully theyre not all like you nor the OP.

Unfortunately too many are...

I was being sarcastic coffee1.gif

Fortunately, OP knows that clap2.gif

Oh yes, because it's so easy to dismiss veiled racism as being sarcastic...how clever.

Nemrut, he's on the same team as you. He was claiming my comparison of dogs to Chinese was harsh.

Btw, I am not sure how you think it is your place to stifle a discussion by crying racism, but in case you haven't noticed, no one agrees with you.

I am wondering if you've ever heard of the 'Ghost Cities' in China. I would like for you to point out where else in the world this phenomenon can be observed. Could you answer me that if people who are conditioned to a society that has this, and other completely different day to day occurrences, might have a different perspective and view of the world?

Really which team is that? You want to make racists comments expect to be called out on it.

Ghost cities easy enough to research while learning more about the Chinese economy. It will also answr how a communist dictatorship with almost 1.5B people literally transformed into capitalist economy overnight. Where else in the world has that happened? Do you understand how simple minded your questions sound?

How is there economy doing? Just a blip on the radar, or maybe their house of cards is crashing because of their horrendous corruption. I'm getting my popcorn.

I just plainly dislike Chinese for their rough behavior , annoying language and noisy appearance, their disgusting bathroom manners and dangerous taking part in traffic!

And what country would you be from? I'm sure we can find some behavior about people from your home country to denigrate... rolleyes.gif

Actually, I do not consider myself to be "from" any particular country, but I wish I came from somewhere nice instead of the USA, which is where I originally tried to live a happy life, without success.

I have met quite a few Chinese in Chiang Mai, and they are all quite nice and friendly.

About half of my friends here are Chinese, and the other half are Thai.

That's the way I like it, I guess, or I would change my habits and environment.

Regarding walking in the middle of the road, this behavior is very typical of the country people from China, and 25 years ago this was most noticeable in Hong Kong, where these people would visit from time to time.

They would walk right down the middle of busy streets with very little thought to traffic.

Mostly a matter of not much experience with motor vehicles in their home towns, I would guess.

Very few seemed to get run over, no matter where they walked, so who is to say that they did not have the right idea in the first place?

I nearly took out a few yesterday near Thapae gate. Stepped out right in front of me as I hit the brakes and laid on the horn. No effect. Only my quick-for-my-age reflexes saved their lives.

Same for me. I stopped and asked them if they were Chinese and explained that their actions were creating great nuisance to other road users. They said solly

I nearly took out a few yesterday near Thapae gate. Stepped out right in front of me as I hit the brakes and laid on the horn. No effect. Only my quick-for-my-age reflexes saved their lives.

Sounds to me like a problem with age, as you say.

For some of us, the aging process causes less tolerance for others who are even slightly different from ourselves.

Old guys and gals driving is more a menace to society and public safety than people from almost any other culture, unless you include people from the War Department and the Defense department culture in Washington and the UK.

For some of us, the aging process causes less tolerance for others who are even slightly different from ourselves.

Old guys and gals driving is more a menace to society and public safety than people from almost any other culture, unless you include people from the War Department and the Defense department culture in Washington and the UK.

No, the problem is solely with the Chinese who step out in front of cars without looking.

No, the problem is solely with the Chinese who step out in front of cars without looking.

Are you aware that in China the drivers head in the same directions as in the USA, but opposite to Singapore and Thailand? Just an odd vestigial quirk of colonization, I guess.

Anyway, I believe that the Chinese are actually looking, but are looking in the correct direction from their perspective.

Why not change the traffic to go the other way in Chiang Mai so that this pedestrian pedestrian problem can be solved, once and for all.

I know for a fact that I have been almost run over several times by speeding taxis because I looked the right way for oncoming cars, and the HongKongers all drive the wrong way.

If you go to HK, you will see that the HK government has painted in huge letters, LOOK RIGHT on the streets at each pedestrian crossing.

Sometimes, we need to look just a bit further to understand human nature, I mean a bit further than some posters here have considered.

Edited by AhanFan

Looking over the wrong shoulder is certainly an understandable problem. Walking in the middle of the roads, and the middle of intersections defies any sort of logic.

Just went to eat on Nimman and met my wife. She (thai chinese) goes 'oh, almost ran over some chinese people'. It's not a small difference in rates.

Are you aware that in China the drivers head in the same directions as in the USA, but opposite to Singapore and Thailand? Just an odd vestigial quirk of colonization, I guess.

Anyway, I believe that the Chinese are actually looking, but are looking in the correct direction from their perspective.

Why not change the traffic to go the other way in Chiang Mai so that this pedestrian pedestrian problem can be solved, once and for all.

I know for a fact that I have been almost run over several times by speeding taxis because I looked the right way for oncoming cars, and the HongKongers all drive the wrong way.

If you go to HK, you will see that the HK government has painted in huge letters, LOOK RIGHT on the streets at each pedestrian crossing.

Sometimes, we need to look just a bit further to understand human nature, I mean a bit further than some posters here have considered.

I'm from the US. I've been to China. So, yes I am aware that in China the drivers drive on the right side of the road.

No, the Chinese were not looking when they stepped out in front of me.

It may take some deaths for them to realize each of them needs to grow a brain.