Wheeling And Dealing

Rdrokit

First my apoligies if this topic has been covered before in this forum.

I will be moving to Pattaya in Feb and will be buying a new truck (either a Triton or Vigo and have read the treads on this subject). My question is how much do car dealers discount for cash in Thailand. In the States you can wheel and deal and play one dealer against the other but what can I expect in Thailand.

Thanks in advance,

Rdrokit

I will be moving to Pattaya in Feb and will be buying a new truck (either a Triton or Vigo and have read the treads on this subject). My question is how much do car dealers discount for cash in Thailand. In the States you can wheel and deal and play one dealer against the other but what can I expect in Thailand.

Thanks in advance,

Rdrokit

In my experience there is next to no discount for buying a vehicle with cash. Instead the dealer may acquiese to freebies such as bedliners, window tinting, bumperguards, etc..

My dealer threw in some gold coins, of all things, but no actual discount.

Edited by lannarebirth

Thanks in advance,

Rdrokit

With a NEW truck you won't find a lot of room to manouever, used on the other hand .....

Very true. I worked in the auto and motorcycle industry for years, and customers always think that cash is some incentive to dealers, when they actually make more from financing and option packages, extra coverage etc than they do on the sale of any given vehicle unit. Dealers simply less interested in cash sales, unless its a floor model/overstock unit which is not the case with these pickups.