KTM 690 Enduro

joesanunu

The KTM bikes interest me but the prices in Thailand are outrageous. The 690 Enduros are priced at 683,000Bt!. (The 690 DukeR is 748,000Bt!)

Now I see 2, second hand KTM Enduro 690s advertised in the classifieds. Tempting prices too.

Anybody here with experiences with KTM reliability and service in Thailand?

At those prices I don't think many will buy them so getting feedback here from owners is likely not gonna happen.

Have you considered a Triumph Tiger 800? You can get one for 535k baht.

http://www.britbike.co.th/Triumph_Motorcycle_Thailand,_Britbike/Price_List_ENGLISH.html

If you want to go real cheap like I did, you can get the new Kawa Versys650 for about 323k baht, okay perhaps not enduro but a very good all-round bike for the money.

It's sad about the crazy prices on the KTM's, they are nice looking bikes but most will refuse to pay those prices and look for something else unless they are very wealthy.

Also since Triumph lowered their prices drastically, Bonneville owners saw their bikes overnight drop app 300-350k baht which must be a very bitter pill to shallow. Some potential KTM buyers are likely thinking; I wonder if KTM will be doing the same? Ducati did and some Monster owners got hit and also lost big money overnight.

I've already decided that I am going to get the XcX, but it sure isn't in the same league as the 690 Enduro. The KTM kills it in weight (139 kg dry versus 218 kg wet), off road ability (25 cm versus 22 cm) and hooligan factor.

The Tiger is a much better tourer though and has more bells and whistles. I suppose if you don't take either seriously off road the Tiger would be a better buy.

• Like 1

There are now two KTM690 Enduros listed for under 400,000Bt.

With the second hand purchase, you could probably ride one for a year, then sell it and take about a 50,000Bt hit.

That might be the best way to enjoy a KTM in Thailand.

Would be a bummer though if it sat for weeks or months waiting for spare parts...