The Best truck for under 650K? Please help!

zeekgarcia

Mon ami, a 14 cylinder radial aero engine has nothing to do with 4 pot diesels.......

TOYOTA put engines on the Formula 1 track for a while, Mitsu did not...........

All engine designers can do what they want IF they want in our day and age....Bringing WW2 into a motoring forum is daft.

Now I'm really bewildered - a person with the moniker Transam and the motto "V8 rules" is talking about "our day and age"? Haven't you heard V8s are passe? A 2-litre petrol turbo will blow them into the weeds any day, unless you want to talk high-spec Beemers and Mercs.

I have tried to explain Mitsubishi, along with other manufacturers such as Rolls-Royce, Saab, BMW etc. have a long history of top-flight engineering. Putting cars on a race-track does not provide much apart from orgasms for the petrolheads.

• Like 1

Interesting comment about Isuzu ... when using the recommended 10W-30 oil I noticed that additional diesel rattle for a few seconds at first start up in the day. After I changed to 5W-40 (Mobile 1 for Diesel Pickups) I didn't have that initial extra rattle anymore. I notice recently that Isuzu have started offering a 5W-40 fully synthetic oil. I think that the choice of oil maybe important ....

Thanks for that info, our Isuzu does exactly the same so will try the 5W-40 oil next service - other than that its been a great workhorse. We don't go off road so went for the 2 wheel drive as it improves the fuel consumption.

In terms of value for money, Mitsubishi is the pick of the bunch. Sure, Toyota and Isuzu have established a brand image which serves them well in terms of resale and reputation. Mazda, Ford and the Colorado have their good points.

Many people are either not aware of, or forget, the fact that the Mitsubishi Zero was the king of the skies for a major part of World War II. So Mitsubishi do know a thing or two about engines - it's their marketing that lets them down.

I've owned 5 Mitsubishis now - 4 cars, 1 pickup. So I've put my money where my mouth is. All of them have been great vehicles when considering the decade they were manufactured.

cheesy.gif ...........Gawd 'elp us..............rolleyes.gif

Hehe, but he does make a point. Mitsubishi's are generally only back in the service bay for an oil change.

They're not the best value used though. The Chev D-Maxorado easily takes that title. Save up to 100K just because of the badge.

In terms of value for money, Mitsubishi is the pick of the bunch. Sure, Toyota and Isuzu have established a brand image which serves them well in terms of resale and reputation. Mazda, Ford and the Colorado have their good points.

Many people are either not aware of, or forget, the fact that the Mitsubishi Zero was the king of the skies for a major part of World War II. So Mitsubishi do know a thing or two about engines - it's their marketing that lets them down.

I've owned 5 Mitsubishis now - 4 cars, 1 pickup. So I've put my money where my mouth is. All of them have been great vehicles when considering the decade they were manufactured.

cheesy.gif ...........Gawd 'elp us..............rolleyes.gif

Hehe, but he does make a point. Mitsubishi's are generally only back in the service bay for an oil change.

They're not the best value used though. The Chev D-Maxorado easily takes that title. Save up to 100K just because of the badge.

yep drive 16,000 km and you have lost 300,000 baht.. latest model, Auto 4 door http://www.olx.co.th/product-103925615

or higher spec = lose more

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1529108

http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1515687

• Like 1

My point was it is daft to compare aero engines of yester year with stuff of today.

Don't think Toyota ever made an airplane engine but they are now winning American NASCAR races beating Ford and Chevy at their own game.

If Mitsu are that great why can't they make a quiet diesel, cos Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW has.

I get the distinct impression that current Mitsu pick ups and the Pajero have the image not so much of "cutting edge" as lagging behind. The 3.2 was definitely a very old engine.

Dear oh dear, when did I claim Mitsubishi pickups were cutting edge? My original post concerned value for money and a bit of history. So far, I've formed the distinct impression some people on this motoring forum are not aware that inhaling fuel fumes causes brain damage.

The 2004 Mitsubishi Magna AWD ( think it's called the Diamante here ) was far and away the best value-for-money four wheel drive sedan around, Merc and Beemer AWD's were 3 or 4 times the price. A decade later, American autos are only just catching up. Ah, the fun I used to have watching muscle cars in my rear view mirror on wet roads as they tried to overtake me without swapping ends.

Nothing wrong with old if it functions well.

I get the distinct impression that current Mitsu pick ups and the Pajero have the image not so much of "cutting edge" as lagging behind. The 3.2 was definitely a very old engine.

Dear oh dear, when did I claim Mitsubishi pickups were cutting edge? My original post concerned value for money and a bit of history. So far, I've formed the distinct impression some people on this motoring forum are not aware that inhaling fuel fumes causes brain damage.

The 2004 Mitsubishi Magna AWD ( think it's called the Diamante here ) was far and away the best value-for-money four wheel drive sedan around, Merc and Beemer AWD's were 3 or 4 times the price. A decade later, American autos are only just catching up. Ah, the fun I used to have watching muscle cars in my rear view mirror on wet roads as they tried to overtake me without swapping ends.

blink.png

sounds like you'd know?

sounds like you'd know?

love your theories on pricing - have you considered applying them to different countries apart from your original "yardstick"?

My point was it is daft to compare aero engines of yester year with stuff of today.

Don't think Toyota ever made an airplane engine but they are now winning American NASCAR races beating Ford and Chevy at their own game.

If Mitsu are that great why can't they make a quiet diesel, cos Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW has.

And cut-price bargain basement diesels those brands all are.......that isn't a daft comparison?

Ask my girlfriend.......

sounds like you'd know?

Recon Bazza is a Brit, wears a Baseball Cap Backwards a Hoodie,and can only grunt Evo n Scoobiedoo.biggrin.png

Spelling, punctuation, grammar - are you still using jungle drums? A Brit? Wash your mouth out with soap.

some3one who thinks that criticising "speelling ponctuation and grandma" is a valid argument has to be locked in time about 40 years ago; my guess is antipodean? (Probably have to look that up too).

Edited by cumgranosalum

Recon Bazza is a Brit, wears a Baseball Cap Backwards a Hoodie,and can only grunt Evo n Scoobiedoo.biggrin.png

Spelling, punctuation, grammar - are you still using jungle drums? A Brit? Wash your mouth out with soap.

some3one who thinks that criticising "speelling ponctuation and grandma" is a valid argument has to be locked in time about 40 years ago; my guess is antipodean? (Probably have to look that up too).

Congratulations, someone who can actually guess correctly. Although your argument ad hominem is hardly valid either. Call me pedantic; however, the conventional Latin is cum grano salis. Where did the salum come from?

And if you want value for money, a great product and first class dealer service you need to look at the Tata range of pick-ups.

Yes a 2013 4 door diesel is under 300,000 baht... or brand new @ 629,000 baht.

down side, No Auto, No ABS, No Airbags.