Home Made Bread Paste

UKJASE

Hey guys, we had a match at cha am fishing park yesterday, and before the match started an older thai guy was packing up, and (as they do in the uk) asked if i wanted his unused bait

i said yes, and he gave me a nice big ball of bread paste. This bread paste (i am guessing it had bread in) was nice and smooth and a little bit rubbery, seemed to stay moist all day, stayed on the hook well, and attracted the fish

it ran out after a couple of hours, and i tried to mush my own paste together, by kneading a ball of bread flakes and lam together, and adding water when needed. i kneaded it for a long time, but the result was not as good as the old guy's though

mine was dry and not as pliable as his, and fell off the hook more often.

it got me thinking.... before a day's fishing, i might make my own paste at home, and take it with me. has anyone got any good tips of ingredients for this a la carte bread paste / lam mix ?

my groundbait will be bread and lam, so i want a mix based around this. but i want something that smells good, and stays on the hook for a long time, as i sometimes like to cast quite far out

any tips please guys? or secret additives people have found works here in thailand? i will usually be fishing for big sawai / pla bucks and siamese carp, but will of course accept anything that swims thumbsup.gif

You can make it with bread but the best combination seems to be ground up donuts and bread crusts. What wou do is mix the donut with the bread crusts. The donut part is obviously more doughy. Then mix up liquid in a 2 litre bottle. Some coconut milk, pond water and any flavours you choose. The ones in the little bottles. Give it a good shake. Poor in some liquid. Let it soak. Then add more. Wrap a plastic bag around your foot and stamp the mush into a sticky paste. Keep adding liquid until you get the paste consistency you want. It should be as wet as possible but able to stay on the hook. Put some styrofoam balls on your hook to give the paste something to stick to or cut up a little bit of a foam float. It's very popular in Gnao nam, Bangkok and Skunar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1