Visa Run Where To Go From And How Much?

"Persoanlly I cant stand rude people on the phone. If you are running a business then have some respect to potential customers. Id rather ride my 100cc honda and do the visa run myself then go with Julie..."

PoorFarang

I partly agree with you, if you run a business you should definitly be more friendly towards your customers then what Julie is - or the business won't last forever...

The main problem here though, is that even though she is everything else then nice n' friendly - it still is the best and most comfortable way to do a Visarun... :o

So, like I mentioned earlier - until there is a better alternative, I will unfortunately have to go with her...

Tony

Id rather ride my 100cc honda and do the visa run myself then go with Julie...

I am pulling on my waders....

There is a difference between rude and gruff.

Curmudgeonly, perhaps would be a better term, but I find that refreshingly real.

compared to the alternatives Julie is a good option... I am now on a marriage Visa which means I do not have to use the service ... but at least Julie was only rude, gruff, curmudgeonly to me once every 3 months, she did not get jealous if I looked or talked with other female customers, she only cost 1500b, I did not have to be nice back to her if I did not want to, it also gave me an excuse to get off the island and have my phone turned off for a day and come back smelling of sweat and cigarette smoke without any questions on my whereabouts and activities. Just be thankful for what you have, the grass is not always greener on the other side... :o

• 5 weeks later...

I've been with Herbert just recently and the ride was as any others very, very dangerously cutting blind curves, ignoring DOUBLE straight lines, overtaking in very risky situations, overriding the van too! It felt quite uncomfortable! And this just to make the run as short as possible.

Arrive at 14:00 at the ferry or at 15:00 what is the difference?

I can't make it out.

What is an hour worth?

The question arises: "What happens if the unexpected happens"?

A burst tire for example....

Who will cover for your hospital bills? Any insurance for that, guess no!

Does any of these companies have the official license to carry passengers?

However, it seemed professional and efficient to me.

Rude? all of them are pushing things to the limit!

The only rather safe run I did, was with Bamboo House to and from Hat Yai with any minivan further on to Penang, they drive the vans rather reasonable - no race against time...

Ahh.. well.. anyone ever been on a bus ride through the mountains of Nepal or India?

Now, THAT is scary.....!!!!!!!

I went with herbert twice and I didnt think it was that bad.

I think the mini bus rides to Ranong are MUCH WORSE. They are flying around those mountain curves.

moving to samui fom the uk soon,all these visa stories sound grim,sounds like proper bad full day out,i dont fancy waking up in thai hospital,coming round after one of those purple rugby ball shap ed sleepin pills,all smashed up cos herman or julies suicide rides put me there.....mmmm how much to fly to malaysia from samui??????????? :o

moving to samui fom the uk soon,all these visa stories sound grim,sounds like proper bad full day out,i dont fancy waking up in thai hospital,coming round after one of those purple rugby ball shap ed sleepin pills,all smashed up cos herman or julies suicide rides put me there.....mmmm how much to fly to malaysia from samui??????????? :o

Hi, so i am going to Julie's VisaRun at Saturday. The last time, 4 weeks ago, was more terrible then all other Times, but she's okay and she makes her job good, this oppinion i get with my last 6 Visaruns with Julie.

The flight to Kuala Lumpur cost with Berjaya air 200 $ US returnticket...

good luck all Visa runners,

samuiRep

HELLO PEOPLE,

I just came back with Julie's Visarun but it was terrible:

okay, we have catched the 4.00 pm ferry, this was okay, but the hole drive was a horror...

Julie made the VisaRun with a Minibus (we didnt made it with the big & comfortable Bus !

The Driver was/is more Dangerous then Julie's Big Bus-Driver. My God, it was a Nightmare in Day, not a sleep for a minute. That was not enough, 3 DUTCH people was with us, respectless and narrowminded, i where thinking, they where nice People. OH FOLKS, They start to talk and laugh, like..................., with a Volume, i start to put tissue in my Ears, so loud, and it does'nt help.

Such respectless and selfish People, like they where alone, but where not. ridiculously People.

that was not enough, they talk really bad about the thai People on the Way to Malaysia & back. So when you talk so bad about People, why you are here in Thailand ???

Julie is another story for itself. She's a nice person, you just must know, how to handhave her.

Julie made a Price-deduction, the Price for the visa Run is not anymore 1650 baht, now 1500 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from my visa trip with the Duchess (Julie) and have to say it was ok! Not the sort of thing I would want to do every week but I fealt Julie really knew how to get the job done.

Certainly value for money and the complimentary sausage sandwich was unexpected yet very welcome and tasty!

Will certainly recommend the trip to others!

Does anybody know where Julie gets her sausage's from?

Leemond

I don't hear Yoy mentioned. Why is that? Has she stopped doing the runs. I went with her a couple of times, at a lower price than mentioned here. Picked up in a minibus and taken to Nathon. Breakfast and lunch provided.

Now, where's her number..... Hope it's still valid; 0 8173 7369

I don't bother with all that nonsense anymore. I just make sure that I have the correct visa.

I had to do the visa runs because a two week trip stretched to more than six months.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

• 4 weeks later...
julie hands down on service even though she is currently using mini buses. Apparently big bus back soon, been having Nitro system fitted!

Agree about the sausage sandwich in the morning........yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

Hey !!! Who wrote this? ^^^^^^ It wasn't me! I never even been on a visa run! :o

Must have forgoten to log off in a internet cafe or something?!>!???! lol

julie hands down on service even though she is currently using mini buses. Apparently big bus back soon, been having Nitro system fitted!

Agree about the sausage sandwich in the morning........yuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

Hey !!! Who wrote this? ^^^^^^ It wasn't me! I never even been on a visa run! :D

Must have forgoten to log off in a internet cafe or something?!>!???! lol

It sounds like Julie . Who else would know about a NITRO system. :o:D

• 1 year later...

Been on a couple of Julies visa runs recently. Pretty good driving (quick, but not crazy) and a pretty painless experience all round considering. I'm not sure if you're not insured when you travel with her either, but don't quote me on that. One thing you've got to agree on, and that is, like her or loathe her she's very efficient at what she does. Got to give her a bit of respect for that; not an easy job I should imagine ...

• 1 month later...

The question who is the fastest should in all fareness be answered by: HERBERT!

He is organised, mad, crazy, rude, and quite honestly the absolute fastest visa-runner in Samui trough all times!!!

Good luck, stress on, see you on your funeral!

/Easer

Excite:

Been to Penang many times

I have done this minivan trip a couple of times, never again.

Now I take Firefly from Samui to Penang (http://www.fireflyz.com.my/)

Next week it will cost you 6500-8000 baht.

If you book in time you can get good deals, last time I paid 3000 Baht for a return ticket. :o

Contact Jim before you go, there might be a Malaysian holiday and the consulate is closed.

Jim:

+60166536963

http://jimsplace-penang.com/

Is this your first Non-B or do you have workpermit already?

Without WP you can get a 3 months single entry Non-B if you have a WP3.

With WP you get 1-year multiple entry Non-B

• 1 year later...
yeah, i keep hearing more and more bad stories about the maniacal hopped up drivers of minibuses speeding from surat to ranong. and then that boat trip from ranong into burma. people having to bail out their boats and being stranded in the middle by a storm etc. as they do not provide lifejackets you might be better off going the malaysia route. you can get a longer visa there too if you need it.

The Ranong-Burma is a visa-run stamp only, no Thai consulate is there so any new visa needed the nearest from Samui is the trip to Kota Bharu Malaysia (passing through the Yala province in Thailand!). Herbert (the Austrian) offers this trip each Tuesday afternoon returning very early to Samui on Thursdays. Otherwise new visas can be obtained on your own by flying to KL on Fireflyz Airlines.

Or in Penang by surface - a lengthy trip.