Ad-blocking PrivDog software much worse than Superfish

thai tech

Ad-blocking PrivDog software much worse than Superfish

PrivDog-Internet-Security-702x336.jpg

Security researchers have found a new threat to the way that consumers use websites, but this time it’s from software that is designed to block adverts.

Apparently, PrivDog compromises a security protocol used on the Internet called Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), which is used to safeguard online transactions. This follows the discovery recently of problems with software known as Superfish which was preinstalled by Lenovo on new PCs.

Read more: http://tech.thaivisa.com/privdog-software-worse-than-superfish/5389/

Super anti spyware always tells me to remove that if I upgrade Comodo and it gets downloaded.

I one had PrivDog unknowingly downloaded onto the computer and it was a right pain.

SAS soon got shot of it though.

Adblocking is a great too.. especially on sites that drown you in adds. Once they add too many ads i start using add-blocker. I understand that they need to make money too but too much is too much. This program might be bad but there are plenty of good ones.

Best answer is dont install any "add blocking" software and just turn off pop ups in your browser. All of these add on programs put their own crap pop up and commercial adds on your computer, how do you think they make money? Then learn to use your computer properly, meaning learn how to close the few pop ups properly and not frequent the sites that give you these problems.

Best answer is dont install any "add blocking" software and just turn off pop ups in your browser. All of these add on programs put their own crap pop up and commercial adds on your computer, how do you think they make money? Then learn to use your computer properly, meaning learn how to close the few pop ups properly and not frequent the sites that give you these problems.

Never had a problem with adblock adon for chrome. You should learn to use your computer properly first.

Never had a problem with adblock adon for chrome. You should learn to use your computer properly first.

I have and never had any "extra" blocking programs on my computer. I have used free AVG for about 7 years or more. That and the standard windows defender program. I have never had a virus and any add/spyware issues. I have pop ups blocked through browser and use safe internet practices.

These add on programs put software on your computer that collects everything you are doing. The programs then send you adds based on your browsing habits. They also open up and run process that make your computer unsafe and slow it down.

Please feel free to do as you please.

I have and never had any "extra" blocking programs on my computer. I have used free AVG for about 7 years or more. That and the standard windows defender program. I have never had a virus and any add/spyware issues. I have pop ups blocked through browser and use safe internet practices.

These add on programs put software on your computer that collects everything you are doing. The programs then send you adds based on your browsing habits. They also open up and run process that make your computer unsafe and slow it down.

Please feel free to do as you please.

Quite a blanket statement without knowing what you are talking about. I am sure you are right for some programs but not all of them.

I also use the standard windows programs (paid for a legal copy of windows) and I keep my computer clean. But some forums read a lot better without all the advertisements. That is where Adblock (just a Google chrome add-on) comes in handy.