Jomtien Immigration U.S. Retirement Visa/Extension of Stay Requirements

I've searched for over an hour and can't find a straight answer, hope y'all can help.

I am a U.S. citizen, have had a legitimate retirement visa for years, using the Jomtien Immigration office with repeated success. I moved to Chonburi City within the last year but would like to continue to use the Jomtien Immigration, as the Sriricha office now requires a medical exam from one of two hospitals of their choice at 550 baht.

What are the current requirements to renew my retirement visa (aka extension of stay) at Jomtien Immigration?

In the past, it's been a letter from the U.S. embassy verifying income and a bill (I used my TOT internet bill) to an address in Jomtien which I can still produce (along with all the perfunctory photos, passport copies and completed forms). Is this still sufficient in Jomtien?

Thanks in advance.

Everything should be the same as you listed for getting the extension at Jomtien.

You will have to make your 90 day reports there if you get your extension there.

Did they tell you had to do the medical at a hospital. There was report of just needing to get one at a clinic.

Did mine in December at Jomtien, In and out in under ten minutes, Collect passport the next day,

TM7 filled out, signed and with your phone number added below signature. Best to print it out on both sides of a single sheet of paper, not on two sheets of paper.

4 x 6 cm recent photo (they'll reject it if it's the same photo you used last year)

Baht 1900

Passport

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

all prior extension stamps

original visa you used to enter the country and entry stamp

departure card (TM 6)

All photocopies need to be signed to show you are claiming they are true copies.

Original income affidavit from your embassy and/or original letter from your bank manager if you are using bank balance as part of your proof of finances. Embassy letter can be up to 6 months old, but letter from the bank manager should be at most issued a day or two before you apply for the extension and the balance on the letter needs to be EXACTLY the same as the final entry in your bank passbook.

Good idea to bring along bank book & photocopies of pages even if you are using the income option.

Some proof of your address ... they want this from some people, but I've never been asked for it at Jomtien. Different offices have different views on this.

Download TM.7 here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

Did mine in December at Jomtien, In and out in under ten minutes, Collect passport the next day,

TM7 filled out, signed and with your phone number added below signature. Best to print it out on both sides of a single sheet of paper, not on two sheets of paper.

4 x 6 cm recent photo (they'll reject it if it's the same photo you used last year)

Baht 1900

Passport

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

departure card (TM 6)

All photocopies need to be signed to show you are claiming they are true copies.

Original income affidavit from your embassy and/or original letter from your bank manager if you are using bank balance as part of your proof of finances. Embassy letter can be up to 6 months old, but letter from the bank manager should be at most issued a day or two before you apply for the extension and the balance on the letter needs to be EXACTLY the same as the final entry in your bank passbook.

Good idea to bring along bank book & photocopies of pages even if you are using the income option.

Some proof of your address ... they want this from some people, but I've never been asked for it at Jomtien. Different offices have different views on this.

Download TM.7 here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/files/file/7-tm7-extension-of-temporary-stay-in-the-kingdom-application-form/

They don't need photocopies of all previous extension stamps. I've never shown them. They want to see first entry on the original visa.

Thanks for question and answer above . May be good insurance I am thinking to have a ( some clinics 100 baht ) health affidavit that's current with the package of other documents you are presenting at the Jomtiem office just to make sure you have any and everything they may ask for .

Baht 1900

Passport

Photocopies of:

passport identity page,

departure card (TM 6)

Thank you ,also last time I did this got there early in morning and was able to pick up passport before end of the day . Years before I would go in afternoon then be given number and had to return for passport pickup next day. So go early best but how early I'm not sure ?

Planing on going to Jomtien office in the morning ( 5th of March Thursday ) and hope there are no surprises or holidays for the office ? Will report back here and post my experience so others can get idea of the waits and situation there . Thanks for all the replies here and hope I can pick up passport same day if I file early enough in the day . Last year filed papers and paid in the morning and got passport back all stamped before end of the day and the office was extremely efficient .

Edited by Lumbini

When I went at 9:30 in the morning it was packed . I never seen so many people there before . The whole office has been rearranged to accommodate more people and it does . Let me say the four people working at the retirement visa desk are incredibly helpful , fast and efficient . I can not imagine any other office or officers any more capable than this . Wow , they really are to be complemented on their performance and how well they deal with such crowds and attitudes . The whole office is amazing and hard to believe . For all working there to remain so cool and calm when so many patrons that are rude and disrespectful is something to behold. There are many that come in and are patient and kind but I saw many who were in big hurry and disrespectful to those working there but it did not seem to dampen the helpful attitudes of those working there . I am very grateful for all the help there and the very helpful office next door that does photos and copying that are really knowledgeable about anything you need to accomplish .[emoji120]