What to pack for Thailand

tribalfusion001

??

Taking flip-flops to Thailand? Zillions available.

Mosquito spray (DEET)? Tons available.

Tiger balm?????!!!!! Is she serious. This country exists on Tiger balm cheesy.gif

Too lazy to go through each item in the list.

Some I simply don't understand, too feminine tongue.png

Your list seems to point to the right direction.

She is serious, I don't know why, novice traveller syndrome I think!

You are right, far too feminine. You should write for everyone, not just your gender if you are blogger.

The mosquito spray and tiger balm is what called me into action, are you serious in se Asia???

I didn't comment on packing list, I'm 700,000 places above her on rankings lol

You write to your audience.

• Like 1

??

Taking flip-flops to Thailand? Zillions available.

Mosquito spray (DEET)? Tons available.

Tiger balm?????!!!!! Is she serious. This country exists on Tiger balm cheesy.gif

Too lazy to go through each item in the list.

Some I simply don't understand, too feminine tongue.png

Your list seems to point to the right direction.

She is serious, I don't know why, novice traveller syndrome I think!

You are right, far too feminine. You should write for everyone, not just your gender if you are blogger.

The mosquito spray and tiger balm is what called me into action, are you serious in se Asia???

I didn't comment on packing list, I'm 700,000 places above her on rankings lol

You write to your audience.

Very true, 72% of mine are menwai2.gif

The obvious missing item was a travel adapter, you do need a travel adapter if come from the UK!

You know you can buy those here too, right?

You're missing the point there. The adapter you can buy in Thailand is made to adapt Thai plugs to other countries electrical outlets.

To clarify, here's a pix of a British 3-pin plug: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/BritishPlugforWikipedia.jpg

And here's the equivalent Thai version: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Thai_TIS_166-2549_mains_plug.jpg

As you can see, the spacing between the pins is entirely different.

I meant the one for British plugs. Commonly available around these parts.

Thanks for the photo of a British plug, though. I've only been using them my whole life, after all...

Costs me 25 baht (Mingya) Til Ying Type, Multi-Purpose Soeket, fits 14 types of plugs and they fit both of the plugs in the photos by the wayw00t.gif

Win thumbsup.gif

I spend 3 months travelling Asia and all that is needed is a carryon size backpack and my computer bag.

Why would anyone lug around a suitcase unless they were going to a single destination.

15 wick away breathable t- shirts, 7 pairs of shorts, flip flops, tablet( no laptop) toiletries( very little) money and the clothes I wear on the plane.

I don't even wear my jacket on the airplane anymore, it saves lugging it around for 3 months.

This is all that's needed!

Send her the web links for Paragon and Emporium.

I don't think she will shop in there, she is a mid thirties backpacker and likes to share hostel showers lol

Good for her. She not only has insight but experience that you don't, right?

Nothing wrong with getting out of the cold and to a great beach. Not everyone is interested in Nana :)

Send her the web links for Paragon and Emporium.

I don't think she will shop in there, she is a mid thirties backpacker and likes to share hostel showers lol

Good for her. She not only has insight but experience that you don't, right?

Nothing wrong with getting out of the cold and to a great beach. Not everyone is interested in Nana smile.png

I've spent 18 months in Thailand in the last 5 years. If you look at my travel blog, there is only 1 post that refers to Soi Cowboy and rarely I go to Nana, too many katoey!

Sorry, cba to read a travel blog for Thailand :)

BTW I wasn't intending any special by my remark about Nana. The comment was saying that there's space out there for a woman blogging about the female travel beach scene for Thailand.

Edited by jdinasia

Not trying to be coy, if you want condoms, bring ones that fit.

^^ this, absolutely.

7eleven had 75 baht for 3 packs, didn't quite fit. i remember tho, one kind did "almost"

when I went back home, checked online found some "Crown Skinless Skin" 512 of them for 79.99 (2500 baht or so) and packed a whole bunch of them in my luggage everywhere. I betcha if they showed up on the xray machines they had a laugh but I couldn't care less..

they cost me about 5 baht each instead of 25 baht each and they fit, have no horrible rubber smell, you can barely feel them tbh and bla bla

theyexpire in late 2018, even If I lost 80% of them I'd still pay the same price as in Thailand and have MUCH better ones. great deal.

anyways, for me.. the packing list this time around includes 2kg of Creatine Monohydrate, a Lifestraw, an HD PVR and a Blue Yeti microphone from Amazon, good quality gymnastic rings, a 26" ASP baton for the soi dogs if needed (I run), a good precision bits and screwdriver kit for my electronics, a Gymboss interval timer, a nice Seki Edge nail clipper, a nice Nalgene bottle, some chalk for the gym rings, a light waterproof jacket from MEC and an extra pair of my Vibram shoes I like (that are overpriced in Siam).

it's stuff I either never seen in Thailand yet (not that I look that hard) or that is odd to find or overpriced.

last time I brought a very nice backpack, a Hennessy Hammock, 2 new Motorola phones (can't be bought in Thailand) and other things

When I was 63 I spent my first two months in Thailand. Everything went into my carry on bag. I agree about having all your docs on the net somewhere, and sorting out your credit card is important. Some asthma medicine and stuff like that, shaving gear and an iphone.

When I finally moved here, everything went into three suitcases plus a pet carrier. You don't need all that stuff.

• Like 1

I have to scratch my head when i see so many of today's backpackers walking around with a huge backpack on their back and ANOTHER one on their front. Why in the world would anyone want/need that much stuff to lug around SE asia. There are laundries everywhere and if you decide to head somewhere cold you can buy coats/jackets/sweaters very cheaply and then just give it to somebody when you leave.

One would think with the advent of digital music players and digital books and smart phones eliminating the need to carry books, tapes, etc etc that the backpack size would shrink....what the heck do these people have in those massive packs??

Oh so much easier to travel light.