Want to buy a smart phone for around 10k baht

bilbo52

I have never had a smart phone before and feel now is the right time (have had previously Nokia non-smart phones, ie pretty much just text and call). Want to spend about 10,000 baht, any advice on good options. I have seen folk with I-mobile phones and Samsung and these seem to be in my price range. I am looking of course for as much bang for my buck as possible. I want a phone that has a fairly big screen but one that will fit in a trouser pocket. I want to be able to get on the internet and check email and a goodish camera and good battery life. I would be grateful for a few pointers and a good outlet to buy a phone with proper warranty in Hua Hin where I live. In anticipation thanks very much.

Iphone 4 or the samsung s4 is about the best you could do for that price maybe a 4 year old samsung note which has the big screen of course you can sometimes get lucky if you have your nose to the ground, though dout that if your going to be buying one from one of those Thai phone stalls...As for Hua Hin no idea might be a better move to do a day trip to BKK lot more options for you.

I agree with the people about Asus Zenphone. I had Zenphone 5 and I really loved it. I had used samsung as well ( Samsung Note 2 supposed to be one of the best on samsung ranges of phones) but that gave me headache and cost money for repairs after less than 2 years of using it.

Zenphone 5 also has low-light mode for camera which is pretty good for taking pictures when its dark. Its got big screen, dual sim (not that you need it), and cost 5990 baht. But Zenphone 2 is coming out soon so might want to check on that as well. Goodluck! biggrin.png

• Like 1

Gents (and maybe ladies), I wasn't expecting too much back, but very impressed with the output. Thanks I will use your comments to continue my research and will purchase something soon. I feel like a real dinosaur with what I use at the moment.

I agree with the people about Asus Zenphone. I had Zenphone 5 and I really loved it. I had used samsung as well ( Samsung Note 2 supposed to be one of the best on samsung ranges of phones) but that gave me headache and cost money for repairs after less than 2 years of using it.

Zenphone 5 also has low-light mode for camera which is pretty good for taking pictures when its dark. Its got big screen, dual sim (not that you need it), and cost 5990 baht. But Zenphone 2 is coming out soon so might want to check on that as well. Goodluck! biggrin.png

Agree, stay away from Samsung. Bought my second Samsung Note 3last month, because me previous Note 1 failed after 2.5 years, and I left it in the service center today.

Bought a Samsung fridge in December, which was replaced last month under warranty, and which will be replaced a second time next week.

Bought a Samsung vacuum cleaner last year and had to swap it under warranty after only 1 week.

So Samsung will definitely not be in my order book for the future.

Oh, by the way, these are the only 3 Samsung appliances I've ever owned, and also the only appliances I can remember that had to be replaced after less than a month.

Edited by Anthony5

LGG2. 10k in MBK. Best phone I have owned by a long shot. Great camera, big battery, 32GB memory, not too big, great for watching movies in HD. Faultless

I also have the LG G2 and agree with all the above. The Zenfone though is also well thought of and positive reviews.

Lazada has the MOTO-G for about B7600 but hard to tell if first or second generation..

I have a Zenphone-5. I also recently bought a Moto-G (1st.Gen.) for my GF. Both are excellent phones. The Moto-G already has the Lollypop (Android-5) update while the Zenphone is still on KitKat, waiting for the Lollypop update.

While I can find no faults with the MotoG, I like the Zenphone more...it just seems slicker and more refined.

Just search them both on YouTube. There are many "Un-boxing" and review videos for most phones currently being sold.

I have to join others in saying the Asus Zenphone is a good buy.

I just bought the girlfriend an Asus Zenphone 5 for under 6000 baht. It seems very zippy when compared to other android phones I have used. Maybe because it uses an Intel processor rather than the CPUs used in most phones.

Also very easy to root (a must for me). tongue.png

I have a Zen Phone 5, all you will ever need, a great phone. I just have two complaints, and maybe you folks can help me. 1/ my phone has no ringer sound, I'm sure incompetent me screwed up the settings some how, and 2/ my phone will connect to my WiFi right away, but for some reason will quite often take a long time to get any internet.