Mac Pro is down!

Smokemachine

Received news from apple staff my Mac Pro logic board is faulty,will going to cost me 20+k baht for replacement .

This is Fxx expensive... Does anyone know any reliable repair shop with much cheaper fees in Bangkok? Seriously, I'm not going to pay that cash to the apple store. Someone pls save my life! Many thanks!!!!

Received news from apple staff my Mac Pro logic board is faulty,will going to cost me 20+k baht for replacement .

This is Fxx expensive... Does anyone know any reliable repair shop with much cheaper fees in Bangkok? Seriously, I'm not going to pay that cash to the apple store. Someone pls save my life! Many thanks!!!!

Take it to Infinity Mac, Fortune Town.

3rd floor, near Bangkok Bank.

The guy there may try to repair it or you can inquire about replacement options. Or you can walk up to 4th floor. There is a mac repair shop the name of which I can't remember. iShop or something.

post-155433-1424947425575_thumb.jpg

Edited by BuddhistVirus

If your Macbook Pro is a 2011 model and the problem is video related Apple has just announced an extended repair program for this long running fault partly due to a petition started on Change. org by some guy in Australia

Products affected

• 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models manufactured in 2011
  • 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina models manufactured from Mid 2012 to Early 2013

See: MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues - https://www.apple.com/au/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

Now the battle to get the Bt 20,544 back I paid for a replacement 17-inch logic board from Macintosh Centre Co @ Fortune

Forget iMac. Slowwwww.

Edited by Yme

OEM logic boards at Apple repair shops are indeed very expensive. What I have done in the past is buy the part off of eBay, and then take that part to a shop for them to install.

For example: I recently had to switch out the keyboard on my Macbook Air. The quoted price at an official Apple repair shop was 17,000 baht. I found a brand new keyboard on eBay for about US$60 (including shipping) and had that installed for 1000 baht at my local (non-official) Apple shop. Total cost was about 3000 baht, against 17,000 baht had I gone the other route.

If you are ordering a logic board off of eBay, just be very sure you get the correct one.

I've replaced two main boards in my time....one a MacBook and one a MacBook Air.

Think one was free on a program and the next I got from an unofficial shop in CM but still pretty expensive.

Long waits both times.

Btw another thing that often goes is hard drives.

Be aware some of these are guaranteed for a long time, I think five years.

Course they take so long to deliver you gotta buy a new one anyway but then you get a spare some weeks later (in fact I think I still got a sealed spare) anyone wanna buy?

Take it to Infinity Mac, Fortune Town.

3rd floor, near Bangkok Bank.

The guy there may try to repair it or you can inquire about replacement options. Or you can walk up to 4th floor. There is a mac repair shop the name of which I can't remember. iShop or something.

If your Macbook Pro is a 2011 model and the problem is video related Apple has just announced an extended repair program for this long running fault partly due to a petition started on Change. org by some guy in Australia

Products affected

• 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models manufactured in 2011
  • 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina models manufactured from Mid 2012 to Early 2013

See: MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues - https://www.apple.com/au/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

Now the battle to get the Bt 20,544 back I paid for a replacement 17-inch logic board from Macintosh Centre Co @ Fortune

Forget iMac. Slowwwww.

OEM logic boards at Apple repair shops are indeed very expensive. What I have done in the past is buy the part off of eBay, and then take that part to a shop for them to install.

For example: I recently had to switch out the keyboard on my Macbook Air. The quoted price at an official Apple repair shop was 17,000 baht. I found a brand new keyboard on eBay for about US$60 (including shipping) and had that installed for 1000 baht at my local (non-official) Apple shop. Total cost was about 3000 baht, against 17,000 baht had I gone the other route.

If you are ordering a logic board off of eBay, just be very sure you get the correct one.

I've replaced two main boards in my time....one a MacBook and one a MacBook Air.

Think one was free on a program and the next I got from an unofficial shop in CM but still pretty expensive.

Long waits both times.

Btw another thing that often goes is hard drives.

Be aware some of these are guaranteed for a long time, I think five years.

Course they take so long to deliver you gotta buy a new one anyway but then you get a spare some weeks later (in fact I think I still got a sealed spare) anyone wanna buy?

Thank guys for your sharing. I got final answer from apple staff. They said water leaked into my macbook and not only my logic board need to replace, DVD player and one more stuff need to change too and the total replacement cost is 30k+ baht!

I know the Mac replacement is expensive but the fee is just ridiculous enough to buy a new MacBook.

And I not sure really believe their words. So many parts are faulty?? I maybe paranoid,while they say this spoil that spoil, who else can verified? And is it really spoil before I send in for repair? Looks like I need to spend the 30k bahts on a new Mac air.

Water, or any other liquid, can get everywhere and do a lot of direct and indirect damage. Data circuits are very sensitive, and if any electrical current gets pass over they tend to blow open like a fuse. That's why, generally, no-one should have liquids near electronic devices.

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 1

<Ctrl><Alt><Del> is inevitable

Until the OS makers decided to change the rules.

To this day I am hardwired to believe <Ctrl><Alt><Del> is a reboot. To use it for logging in/out... argh! I can't do that!! Don't make me do that!!!