Hi,

i would like build gazebo(6x3.5 m) in pattaya area:

please see link for gazebo example

http://hadoopbi.com/gazebo-swimming-pool-design-ideas/gazebo-swimming-pool-design-ideas-with-column-of-wood-and-lights-and-sofa/

Anybody can reccommmend good builder? I do some reasearch and for the moment i have quotations between 180-330 k baht.

Regards

Martin

Jeeze that's expensive..I'm guessing concrete base .then 4 columns and a roof .. About 80-100k depending on roof material.

My sister in law recently built a small house. 6×4 with a toilet extension. 220k finished including bath all lighting and plugs etc. That was village builders though

• Like 1

I don't know any Pattaya builders, but I do know the prices you have been quoted sound very expensive.. but then again, you haven't given us much info - if you want it all built out of teak wood for example, these prices are not so bad.

I was surprised about price quotation, especially quotation like 300k++ for simple gazebo. I want make tile roof, but anyway i dont think so that materials will cost more than 50-60k baht.

If you are comfortable with ordering the materials yourself, negotiate a price for labor only. Even in Pattaya this should not cost more than 2,500/sqm + materials.

I recommend you buy all thw materials yourself and just hire a builder to get the work done. Usually a lot cheaper and you can make sure high quality material is used.

now with regards to how much you pay a builder oviously depends on the amount of work. But let's assume it takes 3 workers 15 days to get this done, let's assume the workers make 400 baht per day, then you would arrive at a cost of approx 18,000 for the builder. Maybe round up to say 20k max. All other cost will be for material, ie cement, iron,steel, pillar and the roof. You can easily cost this up by looking up the price of materials you want to use. but personally I would estimate that you should be able to build this easily for 80k-100k unless you want to use very expensive materials. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Take a ride down Sukumvit towards Sattahip and follow it when it turns towards Rayong , 2.8 kilometers on the left hand side of the road you will see the shop that sells them. On the opposite side of the road is the main entrance to the Royal Thai Navy base for reference. They have many of these gazebos pre built and they will arrange for delivery. Obviously the price will depend upon how large and ornate you want them

post-10942-0-14131800-1425103396_thumb.p

• Like 2

I recommend you buy all thw materials yourself and just hire a builder to get the work done. Usually a lot cheaper and you can make sure high quality material is used.

now with regards to how much you pay a builder oviously depends on the amount of work. But let's assume it takes 3 workers 15 days to get this done, let's assume the workers make 400 baht per day, then you would arrive at a cost of approx 18,000 for the builder. Maybe round up to say 20k max. All other cost will be for material, ie cement, iron,steel, pillar and the roof. You can easily cost this up by looking up the price of materials you want to use. but personally I would estimate that you should be able to build this easily for 80k-100k unless you want to use very expensive materials. Hope this helps.

Yes that is my plan, to be honest i dont want spend 200k baht ++ for simple work. Can you recommend good shop for buying all amterials in pattaya or close to pattaya? My house is in HUA YAI. Anyway i am looking for good labours as well, if you can recommend anybody i will appreciate.

Langsuan man,

i know that shop but I would like build Gazebo not thai sala. If you can look in the link which i provide you can see difference.

Regards

Martin

I recommend you always compare prices between the different shops. So recommend the big warehouses like Thai Watsadu and Global House but also smaller shops you have near you. Ie I found that producers of metalsheet for the roof are a lot cheaper than when you go to the big warehouses. And take enough time for price negotiations, I.e. You should give yourself at least a week time before the purchase to complete all negotiations, shopping around etc.

Sorry I don't know any builders in Chonburi.

Take a ride down Sukumvit towards Sattahip and follow it when it turns towards Rayong , 2.8 kilometers on the left hand side of the road you will see the shop that sells them. On the opposite side of the road is the main entrance to the Royal Thai Navy base for reference. They have many of these gazebos pre built and they will arrange for delivery. Obviously the price will depend upon how large and ornate you want them

attachicon.gifgazebos.png

The only quality wood on these Sala's is the 4 main posts that support the roof, the rest is cheap rubbish and they fall apart in about 4-5 years and are good for nothing but firewood.

Yes that is my plan, to be honest i dont want spend 200k baht ++ for simple work. Can you recommend good shop for buying all amterials in pattaya or close to pattaya? My house is in HUA YAI. Anyway i am looking for good labours as well, if you can recommend anybody i will appreciate.

Langsuan man,

i know that shop but I would like build Gazebo not thai sala. If you can look in the link which i provide you can see difference.

Regards

Martin

Then you are going to have to build it yourself or hire a contractor. I wanted a Pergola, so I had to have the contractor that built my house do it

post-10942-0-46834100-1425185543_thumb.j

Langsuan man,

Regards

Martin

Then you are going to have to build it yourself or hire a contractor. I wanted a Pergola, so I had to have the contractor that built my house do it

attachicon.gifpergola.jpg

I am still thinking if i want make concrete gazebo or wooden. What can be approximately price for teak wood for wooden gazebo? 6x3.5 meters?

Langsuan man,

Regards

Martin

attachicon.gifpergola.jpg

I am still thinking if i want make concrete gazebo or wooden. What can be approximately price for teak wood for wooden gazebo? 6x3.5 meters?

That totally depends on the design, and the availability of appropriate lumber. As a rough guide, teak will cost at least 5x more than concrete and tile.