Former pop star Gary Glitter sentenced to 16 years in prison

Lite Beer

He's become the whipping boy.

He hasn't done anything that The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Bay City Rollers, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin and countless others did. All of them were engaging in sex orgies with under-aged school girls all over the world throughout the 1960s and 1970s.

Jimmy Page was having sex with the 14 year old Lori Maddox, it's common knowledge. And Page got Lori Maddox from David Bowie and his wife, she was their plaything before Page got her. So why aren't Jimmy page and David Bowie and Angie Bowie also serving 16 years in prison?

I'm no fan of Gary Glitter, nor do i condone anything he's done, but I can't help feeling that he's been singled out. He's the one everybody loves to hate.

Edited by TSF
  • Like 2

Now this is one thread that I really cannot voice my opinion, as I know that if I wrote what I really feel about this baby molesting monster, I would receive a lifetime ban on TVF

Me too, mate. So I'll just repeat ND's words: Suffer you slimey prickk, suffer !

Majic, understand your sentiments, but you can't wrap your kids up in cottonwool.

Majic, understand your sentiments, but you can't wrap your kids up in cottonwool.

Agreed 100%, we do have the duty to protect our children but they also need some form of freedom otherwise we will have generations of children who cannot survive when they grow up and enter the real world.

I was putting petrol in my car in Aus some time back across the road the kids were finishing their school day, a huge fleet of 4 wd's driven by parents picking up their kids was forming outside the school.

Back in the day we rode bicycles or walked home and had little adventures on the way home, are there more peds now than 50 years ago?

• Like 1

Thongkorn post # 8

some people got 30 years for robbing a train.

Please do not forget that Driver Jack Mills died as a result of the injuries he received in the matter.

Murder is the word.Murder should have been the charge.

Driver Jack Mills is a Railway hero sadly unsung by those who admired his killers..

Glitter got that which he deserved.

His life in prison will in my view be of limited time, and not through sentence remission but mother nature and possibly other inmates although the perverts are segregated away from the other criminal elements, ''accidents do happen.''

Murder? Don't be silly. Jack Mills died SEVEN years after the robbery. He had leukaemia.

FACT i was a "roadie" for a well known DJ back in those days, firstly i am not defending any of these people in any way,unless any of you were in that culture at that time, you are just guessing, at one time it got so bad in my area for underage females throwing themselves at visiting pop stars, DJ and i parked our car outside of the local school to try and put faces to some those leaving the school gates, it was the big thing to brag to your class mates that you had "snogged" a pop star. so now, 40 + plus years later they come out of the wood work.

I don't know here,...he deserves a good punishment, sure !!...but 16 years !! ...murderers get less than that....and he didn't kill anyone....

I'm certainly not defending Pedofiles ,...but let's get reasonable...

I know I'm going to get bashed here but I just didn't want to howl with the wolves....

or picking mushrooms at a national park in Thailand.

He has devastated these poor kids lives and who knows how many. The penalty should be every bit as severe as murder.

Save some of your vitriol for the Roman Catholic Church, whose officials committed far worse crimes against children, often starting at a very young age, and continuing over many years. This institutional abuse occurred on a large scale, all over the world, and most of the scum involved were allowed to get away scott free due to to weak people in key positions. The scandal is still unfolding.

• Like 1

I don't know here,...he deserves a good punishment, sure !!...but 16 years !! ...murderers get less than that....and he didn't kill anyone....

I know I'm going to get bashed here but I just didn't want to howl with the wolves....

He <deleted> up the minds of children for life, he should get life. You are defending pedophiles same as the people liking your post.

Hopefully he is on the receiving end of some serious discomfort. At his age broken bones and mistreatment can cause no end of problems.

The dirty grub deserves no end of punishment and pain. If there is a god, it will continue after death.

Suffer you slimey prickk, suffer !

I think you are being a little harsh. Maybe he will learn something if he receives a little 'lovin' from his butties in prison.

Mate I hope his anus sees more traffic than Sukhimvit Road during Songkran.

• Like 2

Thongkorn post # 8

Please do not forget that Driver Jack Mills died as a result of the injuries he received in the matter.

Murder is the word.Murder should have been the charge.

Driver Jack Mills is a Railway hero sadly unsung by those who admired his killers..

Glitter got that which he deserved.

His life in prison will in my view be of limited time, and not through sentence remission but mother nature and possibly other inmates although the perverts are segregated away from the other criminal elements, ''accidents do happen.''

Jack Mills died 7 years after the robbery from leukaemia aged 64, the coroner said their was no connection between his death and the injury he'd suffered.

• Like 1

Worse crimes are committed every day by ISIS, Boko Haram and many other organisations. I am still baffled by the lack of outcry (especially by Dutch government) for the shooting down of MH17.

Unpunished murderers running around us.

Edited by tartempion

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

But it is soft Britain. He'll only do about 6.

No worries, I don't think he will survive 6 where he is going.

You are 100% correct, the judicial system is soft but the prison population aren't.

It will be like a walk in the park for him. He did time in Vietnam for that offense after that he was send back to England. He had been kicked out of Cambodia for the same. Will they ever learn?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Worse crimes are committed every day by ISIS, Boko Haram and many other organisations. I am still baffled by the lack of outcry (especially by Dutch government) for the shooting down of MH17.
Unpunished murderers running around us.

One does not make another right.

Understand your point and agree.

Perhaps murderers get to short time...?