Bass Guitar teacher in Mae Jo area..?

paulbrun

I am looking for someone to teach my son to play the bass guitar. He is keen to learn, but would prefer to take lessons at home, rather than in a music school in town. If there is someone in the Mae Jo area that could get him started, that would be great.

Thanks.

I understand the initial amateur lessons requirement. My chosen skill was learned in class over a two year period.

After that I practiced religiously with the given knowledge.

I've been proficient for over thirty years on the back of those two years education [a good teacher was instrumental]. Few people can perform to the level that I do in this particular field. Though, strangely enough I'm still learning.

I'm content that I've performed my professional duties today above anyone else that's remotely capable in this particular craft, and why not.

• Like 1

Thank you both. I use YouTube myself, and find it excellent for finding new ideas. My son wants to have a few lessons, to get him started with the right technique, and will then go on to the practice tutorials, when he feels comfortable.

What kind of music is he into?

If he is interested in slap bass, I HIGHLY recommend this video or anything he can find from Alexix Sklarevski:

(it's really old, but a great intro to slap)