Retirement Visa Renewal

Just logged on so hope I am proceeding correctly

I am currently on the final months of my first year retirement visa. I obtained the visa at the Bangkok Immigration Office, and rather than using the 800k baht in the bank option, I used the over 65k baht per month option. To do this I got a letter from the US Embassy certifying the income requirement, and that along with the TM7 App. required physical and passport, photos etc., received the one year visa.

I made a mistake, in that I did not retain copies of the Embassy statement. The Thai agent has the original on file with the app etc. at Immigration.

Question, on renewal, will I need to get another certification from the Embassy, or does the fact they have the orginal on file make that not necessary.

I also supplied a letter from a bank that I do have a bank account in Thailand. Is that necessary to be provided again?

Any help from members who have experienced renewals would be greatly appreciated

You need the following when using pension for retirement:

1. TM.7 with 4x6cm current photo and 1,900 baht.

2. Letter from your embassy confirming pension.

3. Letter from your bank confirming bank balance.

4. Bank passbook and copies.

5. Passport, TM.6 entry card, and copies.

6. Medical certificate.

So yes - you need both a new letter from bank current within the week and a new letter from the Embassy if you do not have the original (or passport has changed). I use a new letter in any case but others have reported a copy will work if you have the original to show. Have not heard of anyone saying you have a copy in your files method; yet.