Kilos between services.

My PCX was serviced at 4000Ks, then again at 8000Ks, a sticker under my seat says the next service is at 11000Ks, is that a mistake? Should it not be 12000Ks, every 4000Ks? I just want to be sure here, can anyone tell me? Thanks.

My book has pages for 1K, 2.5K, 5K, 7.5K, and 10K. Boox 1

That being said, the sticker under they seat they put on after the 5K says 6,700K - !!!

Will go then.

The service schedule in the other book says 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 etc - every 4K. Book 2

Nat motors CNXpost-81192-0-56180400-1425208737_thumb.j

post-81192-0-38580000-1425208760_thumb.j

• Like 1

Look in your handbook.

Having said that, if you serviced the bike earlier than proscribed, the next date stated is the periodicity from that particular mileage.

For what any extra servicing costs, does it really matter? It's peanuts.

If you're concerned about warranty issues, use an outside provider and don't stamp the book for any interim maintenance you may want. After all, what does it state in your handbook.

Some may claim that you're being screwed, but periodicity based on time is also an issue.

Jerry

That being said, the sticker under they seat they put on after the 5K says 6,700K - !!!

Will go then.

The service schedule in the other book says 1, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 etc - every 4K. Book 2

Nat motors CNXattachicon.gifPCX book 1.JPG

attachicon.gifPCX book 2.JPG

Re: Book 1 vs Book 2

You're not confusing miles for kilometers are you?

Will go then.

No.

Look in your handbook.

Having said that, if you serviced the bike earlier than proscribed, the next date stated is the periodicity from that particular mileage.

For what any extra servicing costs, does it really matter? It's peanuts.

If you're concerned about warranty issues, use an outside provider and don't stamp the book for any interim maintenance you may want. After all, what does it state in your handbook.

Some may claim that you're being screwed, but periodicity based on time is also an issue.

Jerry

I'm not bothered about any extra servicing costs, I just want the bike to be reliable and not affect the warranty.

Service intervals as recommended by the manufacturer are more a matter of adaption to local market than else.

For small bikes, in Thailand (and elsewhere), they know that virtually all customers will ignore them and if semi-periodic oil changes are done, that will be a good enough. And having or not done maintenance at the official dealer does not influence value in any manner.

Anyway 4,000 Km between oil changes for a small bike seems about right. But I'm sure that no official dealer will make an attempt to check play or check transmission belt - too much time needed. Transmission oil just forget about, they don't even know it exists. These things you have to to or ask yourself.

• Like 1

Will go then.

No.

Possum, that was a reply to seedy's comment, was not directed at you.

His 2 books seems to be in different units, one in miles and one in km.

• Like 1

Went today for 6700 km service.

Asked - why sticker say 6700 km and book saw 7500 km ? Answer - no problem.

Did the service, filled out the 7500 km service page in warranty book.

New sticker says next service 9500 km - book has page for 10k km

TIT !!

• Like 1

I know a guy that didn't change his Nouvo Elegance oil for 4 years and no problems.

I also know a guy that drove a new Civic 18K miles without ever changing the oil and no problem.

Naturally not advisable but I wouldn't sweat a few KM or months off on such a low revving bike.

I know a guy that didn't change his Nouvo Elegance oil for 4 years and no problems.

Haha. This is Thai village style.

Buy a scooter for 500b down on promo, max out the years payable. Then for the entire term, don't change the oil once, don't change the brake pads once, don't change the tires once. After 5 years they're getting about 5 km per liter and the thing's vibrating to hell and sounding like a can full of marbles in a washing machine, but still they'll refuse to spend the money on getting it serviced.

My Honda dealer never checked the oil filter screen, even after several oil changes. Brain dead. Never checks anything.

I change my oil (and check the screen) in between services. I like fresh oil in these high RPM machines without filters.

In fact, I change my oil on a new bike within a few hours since I believe the break-in occurs within the first few minutes of use.

A bike will have a million RPMs in the first few hours.