Keep cool, water repellent seat cover...anygood?

jkinbkk

Has anyone purchases this band of seat cover?

http://www.mocyc-coolseat.in.th

Does the fastening system work? I can imagine having to reposition the cover frequently with just velcro straps holding it in place.

How long did it last before falling apart?

Theoretically it would be a good all year round solution, but I doubt the quality at a price of THB900 (I have Honda Forza, so that's the price for a cover to fit that)

Are there proven better alternatives you guys have found?

Cheers

post-26180-0-38630600-1425258065_thumb.j

I have a net on my pcx, it's not a fancy mocuc or whatever they are called.

It really keep the seat from getting hot when parked in the sun and I think it makes a more comfortable ride as well.

I think the net might suck in water if parked in the rain and you will get a wet ass.

The net was cheap so it's not the end of the world if you don't like it so worth trying.

I will see if I can find one for my versys as well in Pattaya.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the OP for posting this. Was just considering looking into getting some kind of mesh seat cover and so looked at the OP's website link. Saw that a cover for the CRF250L was 550 baht but went into a local Chiangmai store and got exactly the same brand for 350 baht after discount. Fitted it easily yesterday, it feels very secure and on my short ride today in the CM smog and heat around lunchtime it made a big difference, feeling like a cooling cushion of air under me. Early days, but very positive experience so far. Hoping it takes some of the hardness off the stock seat too.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thanks to the OP for posting this. Was just considering looking into getting some kind of mesh seat cover and so looked at the OP's website link. Saw that a cover for the CRF250L was 550 baht but went into a local Chiangmai store and got exactly the same brand for 350 baht after discount. Fitted it easily yesterday, it feels very secure and on my short ride today in the CM smog and heat around lunchtime it made a big difference, feeling like a cooling cushion of air under me. Early days, but very positive experience so far. Hoping it takes some of the hardness off the stock seat too.

Thanks again.

Any chance of finding out the name or location of the store in CM?

David

"water repellent seat cover"?

But it looks more like something that would suck a lot of water and then needs hours to dry. But maybe i am wrong. Papa, any good in rain?

But i am sure my cats would love it smile.png

Thanks again.

David

Sure, GN. It's the little Aladdins Cave of a shop more or less opposite Suriwongse Book Centre (think that's Sridornchai Rd, isn't it?) Great little place, though can't remember the name offhand.

YES, this works great. when the bike is out in the sun too long it spreads out a ventilates the heat. also a little more resistance when sitting.. a better cushion. vey happy with the seat cover..

Thanks again.

David

Sure, GN. It's the little Aladdins Cave of a shop more or less opposite Suriwongse Book Centre (think that's Sridornchai Rd, isn't it?) Great little place, though can't remember the name offhand.

Thanks CMMCB. That is just around the corner from where I live.

David

Bought a Yammy scooter recently with a new seat cover in a cream coloured material, the Wave is burning hot when left in the sun, the Yammy isn't at all.

When I am riding my bum doesn't get hot anyway.

… papa bought a new bike this morning... black Lifan200 Cross.

Rode it around for a while.
Got that first (DELETED)farang oil change.
Thence to the seat shop on Rd.2 opposite soi15 for the cover.
Maybe 10 covers I've bought from this shop @ 250baht.
The cover did’t conform well to the hockey-puck shaped seat with slip-fitting [as depicted in OP],
so I had the mech stretch/cut/staple the cover to the plastic seat.
This may work on the Forza, not sure.
This is the way to go folks.
300baht.
My Spark & my Nouvo have the slip-ons, but amona take them in for a staple job.
50baht mod to a mod, 5 5 .
Regarding water repellency.
I’ve seen vids of poured water beading & rolling off.
Hydrophobic fabric.
Edited by seedy
language
  • Like 2

… papa bought a new bike this morning... black Lifan200 Cross.

Rode it around for a while.

Got that first (DELETED)farang oil change.

Thence to the seat shop on Rd.2 opposite soi15 for the cover.

Maybe 10 covers I've bought from this shop @ 250baht.

The cover did’t conform well to the hockey-puck shaped seat with slip-fitting [as depicted in OP],

so I had the mech stretch/cut/staple the cover to the plastic seat.

This may work on the Forza, not sure.

This is the way to go folks.

300baht.

My Spark & my Nouvo have the slip-ons, but amona take them in for a staple job.

50baht mod to a mod, 5 5 .

Regarding water repellency.

I’ve seen vids of poured water beading & rolling off.

Hydrophobic fabric.

Congrats on the new bike!

Edited by seedy
language

I got one via a friend down in Pattaya for only 250b. It's astounded me how good this thing is. I felt like I was sitting on a damp patch because of the cold air movement under my bum!

Give it a go guys, they are good!

• Like 1