Thailand's booming wine industry in Khao Yai

george

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has tried it and thought it disgusting, not to mention outrageously expensive.

Bought a very drinkable Chilean Pinot Noir Friday evening; 125 baht.

I would like to know where you got the chilean wine for 125 baht if you don't mind telling.

State liquor store in Salt Lake City.

So you did not pay 125 bt.. you paid U$.. come on there are people really living here not just trolls that come here to justify leaving.

• Like 1

Thai wine is suitable as a cooking wine as it largely resembles the notes of vinegar bah.gif I often think Thailand would be closer to being a "paradise" if only a fine wine could be had for less....a lot less.

Oh,well...off to Vietnam then......

There is no such thing as a good wine being grown/made in a tropical location. It can't be done.

Australia ?

You got to be joking have a look where the regions are for growing grapes and wineries you call

the Hunter Vally or swan vally or Margaret River tropic?

Fair point - it just registers in my head as a sweltering huge space of not much !

Sounds like a prejudice calibration issue. lol.

This sounds a great trip. Go there and taste the wine they are promoting before turning on the TV hate and contempt taps. The white spirit sounds great as does the food. I'm gonna go but just hope I don't bump into 'my great big fat G***k junta lover.'

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who has tried it and thought it disgusting, not to mention outrageously expensive.

I would like to know where you got the chilean wine for 125 baht if you don't mind telling.

So you did not pay 125 bt.. you paid U$.. come on there are people really living here not just trolls that come here to justify leaving.

It's unseemly for big men to whine.

He paid about US$3.85 for a decent bottle of wine. That's about the breaking point in the US for a decent wine. I pay about $4.80 for the one I buy which is about 155 baht. Mine isn't better than his other than it's the type of grape I prefer. Matter of taste.

Have tried and loved Monsoon Valley many times over the years and they have always been very good. Monsoon Valley is made on Prachuap Kiri khan though and I have only had them outside of Thailand. They stand up well to Australian and NZ wines. Maybe the good stuff is exported while the dregs are sold locally?

Yes, the Monsoon Valley is nice, but you can only buy it in Hua Hin or at their restaurant. The rest apparently goes for export. Pity. I would buy it were it available in Bangkok.

• Like 2