"Rate Thai taxis" app a big hit among tourists

Thaivisa News

Bangkok:- Over 1,400 foreign tourists have downloaded an app and registered accounts for using it to report performance of taxi drivers to the Department of Land Transport (DLT), Deputy Transport Minister Akom Termpitayapaisit said Monday.

He said so far 7,066 passengers have downloaded and registered the DLT Check in app and 20 per cent of them are foreign tourists.

Akom said about 70 per cent of the passengers were happy with their taxi drivers while 19 per cent of the app users reported poor behaviors of either the drivers or substandard vehicles.

The DLT will summon the 19-per-cent taxi drivers, who were found by passengers to have substandard services, for talks so that they would improve their service quality.

The minister said 262 taxi drivers were filed complaints against through the app. Among these were four serious cases of extortion and refusals to use meter. Akom said the DLT have punished the four taxi drivers. The rest of complaints were about behaviors of the drivers and conditions of the taxis.

The taxi drivers, who were complained to have bad behaviors, have been summoned to report to the DLT. The Fifth Area Office of the DLT has been informed to take action regarding to the taxi complained to be in bad condition, Akom said.

DLT Director General Thirapong Rodprasert said taxi drivers, who have received praise from passengers via the app, will receive a certificate.

But those who have been repeatedly complained against via the app will face serious penalties and the owners of the taxis will not be allowed to register more taxis, Thirapong said.

sounds like a cool APP to me.

19% have been summoned? They will want an anti APP APP on their phones then laugh.png Or get their friends and families to send in good reports to counter the bad ones whistling.gif

If the authorities really do take notice of the replies and reward the positive ones and punish the worst offenders, surely it has to be a good thing?

Edited by WhamBam

Really? 20% foreigners have downloaded an app that is completely in the Thai language

Maybe you should try to open the link before making a comment.......... "The DLT Check In app is free to download on iOS and Android and is available in Thai and English."

is this app only in Thai? Does this rate only a taxi that agrees to pick you up, or can you rate the ones that roll down the window then laugh at you and drive away when you tell them where you are going? Or tell you 200 baht to go from soi 11 to Ploenchit?

Really? 20% foreigners have downloaded an app that is completely in the Thai language

Don't you just love it when a TROLL replies, AND gets his facts WRONG?

The app is in both ENGLISH and Thai. I have it on my phone, and look forward to putting it to good use.

What is the name of the app?

DLT Check-In. So very intuitative, right? cheesy.gif

Agreed, but just making sure I am not downloading a similar named malware program.

Unfortunately, I am told it is not compatible with my 4.4.2 operating system on a Samsung Note 2! ??