actively seeking generous dog lover for 2.5 months

so, if the rest is TL;DR, I am looking for someone around Bangkok to take my dog for about 78 days or so

here is the shortest version of the story I can come up with:

I brought my 4 year old English Bull Terrier with me to Thailand in July last year, absolutely lovely dog in the right hands

I was on a 6 months return trip with plans of changing the return date but JAL wanted $1350 USD to change the return ticket on a $877 round trip fare. I couldn't quite afford that and stay long enough to be worth it. so I went back home on the 11th of January.

now. I had three different people saying "no problem" when I asked them to take care of my dog..

1st friend from BKK eventually said she couldn't take him because she worked long weekends without coming back home. fair enough. that was known well in advance.

2nd friend in Mueang Phetchaburi, I bought a new LCD TV (12000 baht) for her when her TV broke down if she'd take my dog while I left.. I asked her to take him for a month before I left and said I would give her about 5000 baht cause I wanted to go to Pai, she kept him about 20 days and one day, she put him in a room that had fragile stuff and blocked the exits with a bunch of stuff.. my dog didn't like that, ran around and knocked some stuff over, he broke a piece of glass on old wooden furniture. my friends mom freaked out, she bugged me to come back until I did and he stayed with me for 2 weeks or so. her mom was constantly giving her drama so she had to back out.. I even offered to pay for one of her moms rented room so he could stay in there and it was a 1 minute walk to go feed him and put him outside etc, nope. (that one worked from home with family business so, easy to take care of my dog).

3rd friend in Cha-am said no problem for the longest time (even last year).. the day I left I went to drop the dog at his place, no problem.. we left for the airport.. about 40 minutes later he called my friend and said he could not take care of my dog (nothing bad had happened) and would get his friend to do it for 3000 baht per month (it was the same money I offered him).. I was on my way to the airport so, had no choice)

now, I left my dog with 26kg of Taste of the Wild premium food, which is more than enough for the 4 months that I was gone. I told my friend how much to give him every day.. "1 cup morning, 1 cup at night" (not an actual "cup" size)

anyways, so my dog was with someone I didn't know, obviously I wasn't a fan of that but everything seemed fine..

I have now been gone for 49 days (1.6 months or so) and I asked my friend to take a picture of my dog, not that it would prove that his friend was taking good care of my dog but yeah..

he just came to me on Line and wrote me this in broken English: "You Dog ok But Food Finnis"

you can figure out what it means.. in 1.6 months, his friend gave 4+ months worth of food to a dog who would probably attempt to eat the whole 26kg in one meal if he was offered..

by now, I had already spent 12000 baht on the TV for my friend who had absolutely no remorse in backing out of this deal, I bought those 2 bags of food before leaving for 6000 baht which were known to be enough for the days I was gone for.. buddy I don't even know expects me to pay 12000 baht and a little more when I come back and now he gave all the food like an idiot.. so expenses for VERY basic care (from a Western point of view) for my dogs are now going to be well over 30000 baht and I am NOT impressed.

I don't even know what kind of "care" he is giving my dog.. he could be tying him to a tree all day and night outside alone or leaving him in a small room infested with cockroaches and I am supposed to pay for this.

all this rambling to get to my point, I would love to find someone to take care of my dog for me until I come back on May 22nd (before if I can)

my dog is currently in Cha-am somewhere I assume, not exactly sure where. he has a few things with him wherever he is (everything you need mostly) and also a BIG travel crate with my other friend in Mueang Phetchaburi if needed.. he weighs about 26kg (probably more now if they fed him like idiots) and is very gentle but will chase cats, rats and smaller dogs. I attached some pictures.

just throwing this out there. just in case I get lucky to find someone who can take care of my friend.

I feel so bad for this but, 3 out of 3 "friends" REALLY flaked on me, If you would have asked me, I would have told you the chances of this happening was about 0, I know better now of course. but this is stressing me out

I am a young lad on somewhat strict budget so I can't be lining Westerner pockets and know it's peanuts money but I can extend the same amount of money as I was going to give that Thai person. there would be about 8000 baht worth of money etc plus food

post-180179-0-29561100-1425343076_thumb.

post-180179-0-92320400-1425343078_thumb.

post-180179-0-81752500-1425343086_thumb.

post-180179-0-32988100-1425343105_thumb.

post-180179-0-36616500-1425343108_thumb.

Edited by kekalot

If he can ride a motorcyc and is,nt a shit head give me a pm smile.png

he's a beginner in the motorcycle riding, we got him to ride on the foot board of a Fino (or Honda Click) and he jumped off once. I own a Honda Wave and I don't think he'd stay on the back of the seat too well. buddy is 26+kg after all, quite clumsy and "top heavy".

but, as an update on this:

there were my 3 immediate choices for this issue::

1. come back to Thailand early and not be able to buy my truck I am saving for (still in a month)

2. find someone else to get him meanwhile (didn't happen)

3. get some food shipped to my other friend in Phetchaburi and send her to look at my dog (trimmed nails, no obvious mistreatments or wounds) and report back to me

I went with #3, cost me 7000 baht for food that should be good enough for 4 months (I'm back in 2.5 months now)

not quite what I wished but. after a total of 40000 baht spent.. It would have been much cheaper to just pay rent for a local to move in with my dog instead of dealing with my so called friends ;)

I learned a lesson here.

I was going to say, if you offered me a flight from Europe and food and lodgings for myself and the dog in a nice apartment facing the sun on a beach, with lots of running space

i may have been tempted!!

Edited by Patsycat