Why are the banks closed today?

banagan

OP is asking about Wednesday being a weekend, not about being a holiday.

I'd like to know who it is that did the spell check for those red/white signs on doors that say "Close" rather than "Closed". Nit picking I know, but if they'd just asked one person to check it before they went into production... You came Closed, but no cigar.

• Like 1

I'd like to know who it is that did the spell check for those red/white signs on doors that say "Close" rather than "Closed". Nit picking I know, but if they'd just asked one person to check it before they went into production... You came Closed, but no cigar.

'... if they'd just asked one person to check it before they went into production...' They probably do ... another Thai with the same grasp of English skills. It's worse when you read some brochures, produced by malls at some not inconsiderable cost and evidently intended for the foreign buyers, but with some unbelievable language blunders.

In thai-english its "close"..biggrin.png "Mee shop close mister"....

Luckily, havent seen any signs without the "e" also. Just "Clos".

Edited by meltingpot2015

They sure do like their holidays in the land of smiles. After all, we wouldn't want to work too hard or for too long without a break!

Thailand have propably not more public holidays than yours,

and sure halv of free workingdays of your country !!

so please ?? what you claiming

Lots of Western countries have 5 day weeks with paid holidays, so I think Thais deserve the breaks they get.

Then again, are we talking about rice farmers who work their butts off for a couple of months of the year with long breaks in between, office staff that have more formal hours, or other places where work is playing with the iPhone?

Hard to put all in one basket.

• Like 1

The bars are closed? I haven't checked if the bars are closed, I only go out very late anyhow, usually on my 2nd drink by 12:00 midnight, as it takes me until then to read through all the TV posts of the day. Then I get to have a chat with the police and/or army personnel patrolling while they shine a torch in my face asking me what I'm doing. This is Issan though, not Nana.

If you buy a Thai calendar, it will tell you the holidays :-)

Afook, you are right!

So many people can use the internet and there so called smart phone, but still can not read a calender.

Just wondering!

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app