What was the deal in Jomtien Immigration today?

giddyup

Went in to do my 90 day report, which normally takes 5 minutes max, and see the place is packed out. The counter for the 90 day report has one man on it, normally there's two, no board for the numbers, he just called out the next number, so too bad if you were a bit hard of hearing. The next number was 304 and I had 327, so could see that there was going to be quite a wait. The guy on the desk is not exactly greased lightning and he's not going to hurry for nobody. Good thing they give a week's grace, I'll try again next week and hope thing's are back to normal. Have we hit the busy season?

• Like 1

One month ago, almost to the day, I reported that the place was a madhouse and several concurred. It would appear that things havent improved.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/797854-chonburi-immigration-office-0820am-thurs-5th-feb/

It does seem to be the luck of the draw, but going in the afternoon no longer appears to guarantee one a quick exit. Seriously considering a trip to Cambo in mid April to sidestep both Songkran and my next 90-day : traditionally the hottest and nastiest month in PP but its no picnic here either.

Edit - maestro may have hit the nail on the head in the thread above :

The recently introduced 30-day extension after visa-exempt entry brings a lot more applicants to the immigration offices.

Edited by MrWorldwide

Immigration offices all over Thailand busy with the completely unnecessary 90 day report. I would think it's just a scam but they don't even charge for it.blink.png

Why not just report a CHANGE of address?

The immigration office where I file now has a stack of over 40 identical 90 day reports.

Stupid.

On top of all those 90 day reports, they have 10 more retirement VISA extensions on file with the exact same info.

Yep. I have over 50 pieces of paper piled up there with identical info.

• Like 1

It was a pretty high Buddhist holiday yesterday maybe to many procrastinators on the 7th day awaiting the 2000 baht tea money fine.It is pretty rare now for any 90 day report to be long Unless it is some kinda holiday. don't matter Buddhist, Christian,Jewish, Muslim Songran or whatever can alter the flow I reckon

• Like 1

I went to Jomtien last Thursday for 90 day report in and out in five minutes, must be luck of the draw.

Thursday last week was a normal, quiet business day whereas Friday is always the domain of the 'last-minute' panic merchants..

Thursday this week was a national public holiday. Friday... see above x 10.

No luck involved. The OP could have gone last Thursday too.

Immigration offices all over Thailand busy with the completely unnecessary 90 day report. I would think it's just a scam but they don't even charge for it.blink.png

Why not just report a CHANGE of address?

The immigration office where I file now has a stack of over 40 identical 90 day reports.

Stupid.

On top of all those 90 day reports, they have 10 more retirement VISA extensions on file with the exact same info.

Yep. I have over 50 pieces of paper piled up there with identical info.

yeah, if there was a fee, I could understand the 90 day thing better. this 90 day just doesn't make sense. One year or twice a year report should be all that is needed. I could even understand in a peculiar way if they charged you for a 180 day, but kept 90 day free.

• Like 1

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

90-day reports online........not the easiest thing, but it saves you a go to immigration or a trip to Cambodia (?)

Dont do it!! Just dont do it!! Dont talk about this stuff, you do not seem to know a single thing about it......This internet-reporting is NOT in place yet, and will not be until at least april or longer...

So that is NOT an option for anybody!!

Glegolo

I went Tuesday to renew my retirement visa (10th one) about 9:20 am. No number lights, just PA. Sat and listened.... only announcing numbers in 300 range (mine was in 600's). Got up to check it out, rather rude lady says "SIT DOWN" which I do for a minute, then went to start of that section & they were 3 beyond my number. Sat down and did get some service. I have account at my condo & they pay utilities. Receipt from that has been enough, but no more. Had to go back home and get my chanote (title deed) to show them, plus copy of 2006 visa in passport.

Been getting good friendly service there for last year or so, but this time no such luck....

I went to Jomtien last Thursday for 90 day report in and out in five minutes, must be luck of the draw.

I was in there on Thursday 26th Feb around 09-20 hrs & had 30 people in front of me to do 90 day report.......Quite quick with the regular bloke & a very friendly smiling lady handling them.

I went Tuesday to renew my retirement visa (10th one) about 9:20 am. No number lights, just PA. Sat and listened.... only announcing numbers in 300 range (mine was in 600's). Got up to check it out, rather rude lady says "SIT DOWN" which I do for a minute, then went to start of that section & they were 3 beyond my number. Sat down and did get some service. I have account at my condo & they pay utilities. Receipt from that has been enough, but no more. Had to go back home and get my chanote (title deed) to show them, plus copy of 2006 visa in passport.

Been getting good friendly service there for last year or so, but this time no such luck....

Strange. Most people report having to provide far fewer documents since they started computerising the system.

When I go (which I do every 90 days) I just take my passport and nothing else.

I wonder, did you ever get your documents scanned and saved before? Did they do it this time?

My reporting is due in a week so I hope they sort their new system out by then. Last time I was in and out in about 3 minutes as there was no queue and no paperwork.

When I went on 18th Feb I was in and out in about 20 minutes. I had all my documents already copied for my first 90 day report here in Pattaya. (Phuket before).... the lady that processed me said OK... next time you just need your passport as you now have a barcode... great!

I got a re-entry permit a week or so ago and at ~20 minutes it was about the fastest ever. Maybe it's a case of swings and roundabouts, faster re-entry permits but slower 90-day reports?

http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

90-day reports online........not the easiest thing, but it saves you a go to immigration or a trip to Cambodia (?)

Did you have luck with this? I tried and no luck.

As far as I know the service is not yet officially working.

May I ask you guys!!! Are you even reading the posts before answering them??? If you read post number 14 you could have saved yourself some efforts..

Glegolo

Thursday last week was a normal, quiet business day whereas Friday is always the domain of the 'last-minute' panic merchants..

Thursday this week was a national public holiday. Friday... see above x 10.

No luck involved. The OP could have gone last Thursday too.

Why would I go a week before my 90 days is due? Just because one Thursday was quiet doesn't mean the next will be, as one poster has already testified. (deleted sentence)

Edited by petercool
deleted personal flame
  • Like 1

i never go to immigration on a Friday, it's always the busiest day.

The last 90 day report I did was on a Monday and that wasn't any better than today.

I go in the middle of the week, Fridays and Mondays for obvious reasons are going to be the busiest.

I have been told ( I have asked SEVERAL DIFFERENT Immigration Officers - at different times ) that if you EXIT Thailand before your 90 days is due, your NEW 90 days report DATE starts when you enter back into Thailand. The --> reason <-- for the 90 days is to let immigration know you are still alive. The report must be made by ANY foreigner, no mater how many years you have been here.

• Like 1

Thursday this week was a national public holiday. Friday...

No it wasn't wink.png

I accompanied someone the Thursday 5th for what I thought would be a 5 minutes stop...

When he got his ticket we saw there were nearly 30 people before him !

and it took a bit more than half an hour for him to be called sad.png

Report itself was fast and easy though. No document required.

The officer takes the paper at the end of your passport, scans it, prints a new one, stamps it, staples it. Done smile.png

I was there yesterday at 08:20 chocker block with people, i thought i was going to be there all morning.My number was 315.You have to listen to the tannoy above all the noise so you do not miss your turn. Well i got out at 08:50 so 30 minute wait was not too painful. At one time the woman on the left side of the table got up walked around the room,moved a chair and then returned back to her seat and proceeded with the next customer.!!! What's all that about...

I have been told ( I have asked SEVERAL DIFFERENT Immigration Officers - at different times ) that if you EXIT Thailand before your 90 days is due, your NEW 90 days report DATE starts when you enter back into Thailand. The --> reason <-- for the 90 days is to let immigration know you are still alive. The report must be made by ANY foreigner, no mater how many years you have been here.

Not sure whats going on with your CAPS LOCK, Chief, but that would be why I made reference to a trip to Cambodia in lieu of my next 90-day report. No arrows required.

I was there last Thrusday, late afternoon, 2nd in line for 90 day. Maybe 5 minute tops then went to desk 7 for licence resident paper and was taken straight away.