Officials to Release New Etiquette Video in Chinese

Jacob Maslow

post-231994-0-33884300-1425932765_thumb.

Officials will release a new etiquette video in Chinese to discourage public nudity. The two-minute animated video will be released in coming weeks.

Thailand officials are set to release a new two-minute etiquette video in Chinese that warns against public nudity. Sparked by public outcry, the new video will discourage tourists from taking their clothes off in inappropriate places.

Thai officials made the move after a photo of a woman seen topless in a public bathroom went viral. The woman (who locals presume is Chinese) was reportedly changing in the common area of the Don Mueang airport in Bangkok. Public nudity is strictly prohibited in Thailand – even in public restrooms. Locals found the woman’s actions offensive, and the Thai government felt compelled to act.

The incident was confirmed by a spokesperson for Don Mueang airport, but the airport was reluctant to blow the incident out of proportion. The airport issues warnings or imposes penalties to tourists who behave inappropriately on a case-by-case basis. The airport reaffirms that the majority of Chinese tourists are well-behaved.

That may be the case, but the Ministry of Tourism and Sports is taking things a step further. The two-minute animated video will educate tourists on how to behave appropriately while visiting the country and asks tourists to keep their clothes on. The video will be posted on tourism websites and travel blogs in the coming weeks. The Thai government is hoping that the new video will go long way in ending the animosity locals have toward Chinese tourists.

Public nudity is illegal in Thailand, and locals frown on the idea of going topless on beaches and other public places. But Anek Srichiwachat, who is head of the Thai Travel Agents Association, has asked that the public to stop sharing the photo of the topless woman. Anek warns that, as a host, Thailand should “nicely warn” tourists – not berate them. The new two-minute video aims to provide this polite warning and appease local Thai citizens.

tvn.png
-- 2015-03-09

A friend of mine works for Thai airways in the lounge at Swampy. She said she's seen Chinese tourists wash their clothes (including underwear) in the toilets and hang them on the aircon units. I kid you not. 555

I say there is a documentary to be made here, and when China sees the whole world laughing at its folks it might take things like etiquette whilst on holiday seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Officials will release a new etiquette video in Chinese to discourage public nudity. The two-minute animated video will be released in coming weeks.

Thailand officials are set to release a new two-minute etiquette video in Chinese that warns against public nudity. Sparked by public outcry, the new video will discourage tourists from taking their clothes off in inappropriate places."

Will it also warn people that to take photographs of such events and post them online in a fit of false outrage is also wrong, as well as being a sign of a petty, small minded, hysterical, busy body?

Edited by Bluespunk

The airport reaffirms that the majority of Chinese tourists are well-behaved.

First I've noticed! None of them are ever even acceptably behaved! It's not just here in Thailand either. They were all behaving in the same disgusting manner when I was in Japan last week.

As Canuckamuck quite correctly points out, crapping and pissing everywhere but in the toilet, spitting everywhere. Not to mention screaming their heads off in hotels and airports and generally behaving like a bunch of savages (no offence meant to savages)

It is way past time that travel was restricted for these Chinese unless they can prove that they are able to behave acceptably.

Perhaps toilet training certificates and etiquette training certificates to be provided at immigration prior to being granted entry....

Edited by dunks
  • Like 2

Meanwhile you can see Thai clowns in their underwear fishing with nets in roadside ditches all over the place.

Took off her top in the lady's room........THE HORROR!!!!

No video about not defecating wherever the Chinese feel like it though. TIT.

Thai officials made the move after a photo of a woman seen topless in a public bathroom went viral. The woman (who locals presume is Chinese)

Public nudity is strictly prohibited in Thailand – even in public restrooms.

rolleyes.gif ....so made a video in Chinese on the off chance that the offending party might be Chinese, what happens if said offending party was Russian ? facepalm.gif

further is pulling ones John Thomas out in a public bathroom to urinate in the presence of local cleaning lady not considered public nudity and offensive

Love that shot of the girls back,.......................would love to rub my hand down that spine curvature. simply beautiful......

Yes,....I am a dirty ol' man.....but I know class.

how do you now 100% its a girl ?....it could be a LB in the photo, you still want to rub your hands down that spine curvature then, you dirty old man ?

So...let me get that straight: the woman was undressing to clean herself in a public women's- "bathroom"....and that is a problem, because.....?!

I took flights from Phuket to Bangkok, freshening myself up in the men's room...and yes, I took of my shirt for that and put on a new one!

...and believe you me: my body is not nice to look at!

But let me get another thing straight: Thai- authorities are making videos for other people...on good behavior?

The same people, who sit in offices and burp like cows?

Pick their noses, wherever they like?

Slam the door in other peoples faces?

Never behave like gentlemen to ladies?

Yeah...got it!

If there was more public nudity, the world would be a better place. What on earth is offensive about the human body?

Maybe some visual aids to illustrate your question ?

Public nudity encouraged/ nothing offensive in this photo in the least

post-64799-0-79240200-1425976678_thumb.p

this photo on the other hand, one could suggest public nudity discouraged to the point the person should be arrested

post-64799-0-72062400-1425976803_thumb.p